How does one pull the trigger and buy a memory foam mattress?

Hi yuppicide,

Thanks for the update.

The forum software automatically upgrades your status to “member” once you have made a single post in the forum so as you mentioned you had already met the requirements for the bonus.

The 8 would certainly be a very soft choice and I’m looking forward to finding out how you like it.

Phoenix

By the way, Derek over at Sleepopolis is super friendly and very knowledgeable like yourself. He actually sleeps on all the mattresses he reviews along with his wife.

Hi yuppicide,

He may be friendly … but but I certainly wouldn’t call them (or any of the other similar revenue sites) knowledgeable (see post #11 here and the post it links to).

Phoenix

I certainly don’t know enough questions to ask. If we were at a party standing by the chip and dip bowl, I couldn’t have an intelligent conversation about mattresses that’s for sure.

I do understand it’s a revenue site, but I have spoken with him a few times via email and his answers to me were thorough and seemed knowledgeable. He didn’t openly seem pushy or just trying to get me to click his links.

Hi yuppicide,

Outside of the many issues involved in trying to tell anyone else what they will feel on a mattress or whether it will be a suitable choice in terms of PPP … if you read the information on their sites and you have even basic knowledge about mattresses and mattress materials you will quickly see that they are not particularly knowledgeable about and pay little attention to the quality or durability of the materials in the mattresses they are promoting and will “promote” almost anything that they can earn an income on or that someone that wants them to review a mattress will send them.

They certainly wouldn’t seem knowledgeable to anyone in the industry that was truly knowledgeable … only to those who aren’t and wouldn’t know whether what they are being told is accurate or meaningful.

Phoenix

I can’t wait! It should be here tomorrow!

Only problem? Where to find my dream bed sheet now? I bought a waterproof mattress protector, but now have to find some sheets before I can use my mattress lol.

I bought a water pillow to go with it all. Bought a cheap pillow cover until I find a nice one.

Hi yuppicide,

There is some good information about sheets in post #7 here and the other posts and sources of information it links to that may be helpful.

Phoenix