How is the ZuZu Hybrid bed from Sleepys. Is it the same as Classic Brands Engage 11-Inch Hybrid Cool Gel Memory Foam and Innerspring Mattress

The ZuZu bed and Classic Brands Engage 11-Inch Hybrid Cool Gel Memory Foam and Innerspring Mattress is manufactured by the same company. I tried the ZuZu bed and I liked it but the price difference between these two is around $500. Has any head of the ZuZu bed and how long do you think it will last

Hi themattressundergroundbug,

I’ve certainly heard of it but at this point I wouldn’t consider it without knowing more specific information about the layers and components inside it.

There is more information about the 3 most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on suitability, durability, and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including the price of course and the options you have available after a purchase if your choice doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for).

While nobody can speak to how any specific mattress will “feel” for someone else or whether it will be a good “match” in terms of comfort, firmness, and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your own Personal preferences) because this is too subjective and relative to different body types, sleeping positions, and individual preferences, sensitivities, and circumstances and you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress … outside of PPP (which is the most important part of “value”), the next most important part of the value of a mattress purchase is durability which is all about how long you will sleep well on a mattress. This is the part of your research that you can’t see or “feel” and assessing the durability and useful life of a mattress depends on knowing the specifics of its construction and the type and quality of the materials inside it regardless of the name of the manufacturer on the label (or how a mattress feels in a showroom or when it is relatively new) so I would always make sure that you find out information listed here so you can compare the materials and components to the quality/durability guidelines here to make sure there are no lower quality materials or weak links in a mattress that would be a cause for concern relative to the durability and useful life of a mattress before making any purchase.

Unfortunately none of the ZuZu mattresses provide the information you would need to know to make an informed choice or for me to make any meaningful comments about them. If you can find out the information and specifications that are listed in the “Mattress specifications you need to know” article I linked and post them on the forum I’d be happy to let you know if there are any lower quality materials or weak links that would be a cause for concern relative to the durability and useful life of the mattress.

If for any reason they are either unable or unwilling to provide you with the information you need then I would avoid them completely.

The same comments would apply to the Classic Brands Engage 11-Inch Hybrid Cool Gel Memory Foam and Innerspring Mattress as well.

Based on the limited information they both provide they look like they have different materials and components in their designs so they almost certainly wouldn’t be the same.

There are also some comments about Chinese mattresses that are shipped compressed from overseas in post #6 here that would be worth reading as well.

Phoenix

Based on my check on the mattress difference, the only difference I found that the gel layer on top is 2 inch and has 1 inch foam. Where was the Engage has 1 inch gel and 2 inch foam. (Above the spring) but rest look so identical. Also the way they are shipped. And also both of them dont advertise the number of coils but do say the gauge of the coils that is 13. I loved the feel of the ZuZu bed. I got good sleep on it for two days. Now I want another one for a different room. But when I saw the price difference was wondering if I could go for the second option (cheaper)

For two mattresses to be the same they would need to have exactly the same design which means that all the foam layers would need to be the same type of foam with exactly the same specifications (including layer thickness, layer firmness, compression modulus, resilience, elasticity) and be in the same order in the mattress, the innersprings would need to be exactly the same (same number of coils, coil diameter, coil gauge, number of turns, coil height, coil shape, coil distribution), the fire barriers would need to be the same, and the covers would need to be the same.

The specs that ZuZu lists are very incomplete but they include …

2" Ventilated Gel Foam (this is most likely memory foam but they don’t say)
1.5" Firm Comfort Foam (this is polyfoam)
Pocket coil (they don’t mention any of the coil specs).

The specs for the Engage that I could find include …

1" Ventilated gel memory foam
2" plush polyfoam
6" pocket coil
1.5" firm polyfoam

So even with only knowing the very limited information they provide and without knowing all the many other specs that you would need to know to to assess whether they are identical, there are already significant differences between the designs of the two mattresses.

Phoenix

How is the zinus.com/product/pocketed-spring-and-gel-memory-foam-11-inch-hybrid-mattress-2/
ADMIN NOTE:Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint: zinus.com/product/pocketed-spring-and-gel-memory-foam-11-inch-hybrid-mattress-2/

Zinus is a Chinese manufacturer that tends to use lower quality/density memory foam in their mattresses. As I mentioned previously I would avoid any mattress where you aren’t able to find out all the information here about the materials and components inside it before making a purchase and I would also be cautious about mattresses that are shipped compressed from China.

Needless to say … I would avoid it.

Phoenix