How to look for and find the best mattress ... for YOU! ***READ FIRST***

Hi bshantzer,

Welcome home first of all :slight_smile:

A mattress is only as good as the combination of materials that are in it and “brand shopping” is one of the worst ways to find a good quality and value mattress

The first post in this thread has a step by step process along with some links to information that will greatly improve your odds find finding the best quality and value mattress and just as importantly fits what you both need and prefer and can provide the best possible support for your injured back. Having good support layers doesn’t mean that you can’t also have good pressure relieving layers in a mattress because all mattresses are a combination of firmer support (in the deeper support layers) and good pressure relief (primarily from the upper comfort layers) and the balance between these that best fits your body type, sleeping positions, circumstances, and preferences is the “best” mattress for you.

Once you know what to eliminate, have some basic information about mattress materials and construction (and know the types of questions to ask), and have identified the better local manufacturers or retailers in your area … then you can start testing mattresses and connect and work with people that have the experience and knowledge to help you make good choices without breaking the bank.

If you let me know the city or zip where you live I’d be happy to let you know of any of the better possibilities in your area that I’m aware of.

Just in case you haven’t seen it (or for others that are reading this post) … my thoughts about Saatva are in this thread.

Phoenix