How to look for and find the best mattress ... for YOU! ***READ FIRST***

Hi penelope,

You’ve probably read this but just in case … the first place I would start is post #1 here along with the information it links to which will give you the basic information that will help the most.

As far as I know the specs of the Estasi + (this was sent to me by a forum member who emailed them directly) are as follows …

1" Technogel
2" 3lb 11ILD Memory Foam
8" 1.85 24ILD Polyfoam

While the gel itself is a very dense material and very high quality and will help to extend the life of the foams below it … I would be wary of any mattress that had 2" of 3 lb memory foam (low density) in the top 3" of the mattress … and I would be especially wary in higher price ranges.

In order to make any assessment of a mattress or identify any potential weak links I would need to know the details of all the layers of the mattress. The willingness and ability to provide this is one of the most reliable signs of a better retailer and without this there is no way to assess the quality, value of the mattress or make meaningful comparisons with other mattresses.

Post #2 here has a few details about the Rafael and the “missing layers” in the description and my thoughts about it.

The better options and “possibilities” I’m aware of in the Philadelphia / Wilmington area are listed in post #4 here. No matter where you shop … it’s always important to make sure that the retailer you are dealing with is both willing and able to provide you with all the information you will need about any mattress you are considering so you can make meaningful comparisons and good choices.

Phoenix