How to use mattress pads and toppers

[quote=“The Toddler post=36586”][quote=“Phoenix” post=36581]I would tend to avoid using two products that are “semi breathable” in the same sleeping system because it may trap more moisture in the mattress and I would tend to use an encasement around the entire sleeping system and then use the sheets on top of this rather than both a semi breathable encasement and a semi breathable protector.

If you have allergies and want to protect your sleeping system from bed bugs and dust mites I would tend to use a more breathable encasement without a membrane that protects against both (something like this) and use it around the entire sleeping system and then use a mattress protector on top of this or I would use a membrane type of encasement that also protects against both (and functions as a mattress protector as well) around the entire sleeping system (so there is only one "semi breathable product in the mix) and then your sheets on top of this.[/quote]

Thank you. That encasement you linked so says bed bugs can’t get through, but it doesn’t have the zipper lock system like Protect-a-Bed’s does – making me think it’s not a true seal of protection. I would prefer not to put everything inside the encasement because I don’t want to open the encasement once it’s locked, and that arrangement also brings my body closer to the semi-breathable layer and farther from the topper. But if I put the topper over the encasement, and then a breathable mattress pad/protector over top of that, and a sheet on top of that, then that puts me farther away from the encasement that might trap moisture.

Based on the mattress protectors you described in post #89 here, do you think the Natura’s Washable Wool Mattress Pad would suit me? It seems to be what I’m looking for – water resistant, washable, breathable, and thin enough that it would only minimally interfere with the properties of the mattress or topper underneath. It would help me in the future, too, for when I eventually get a new mattress (which hopefully may not even require a topper), right?[/quote]

Yeah, thanks for sharing this site, I also had a great experience with Wayfair. I buy their multiple products at Discounted prices. If you want to save your dollars So go for https://www.couponoutlet.org/deals/wayfair.comWayfair Discount Codes.