Hybrid latex matress

Having decided not to buy a “traditional” mattress this time around, I’ve been doing extensive research on the all natural latex mattress options. It’s mind boggling to say the least! Before I make my decision, does it defeat my purpose to stay away from a traditional mattress if I consider a hybrid mattress which consists of pocketed coils with layers of latex on top?? Will it feel totally different from an ALL latex mattress?

Hi Cate31,

Assuming that the materials in a mattress you are considering are durable enough for your body type and meet the quality/durability guidelines here … the choice between different types and combinations of materials and components or different types of mattresses are more of a preference and a budget choice than a “better/worse” choice (see this article). The best way to know which types of materials or mattresses you tend to prefer in general terms will be based on your own local testing or your own personal experience.

Every layer and component in a mattress (including the cover and any quilting materials) will affect the feel and performance of all the other layers and components in a mattress and the mattress “as a whole” so a latex/pocket coil hybrid would certainly feel different for most people than an all latex mattress.

There is more about some of the differences between latex/innerspring hybrids and an all latex mattress in post #13 here and the posts it links to.

Phoenix