Hybrid latex mattress on 4" spaced slats

Hi Phoenix,

Thanks for your earlier suggestions. I got a Dreamfoam King Eurotop latex mattress that I want to put on this Baxton Jazmin bed frame.

The bed frame comes with wooden slats that are about 3.5 to 4" apart?

I see in another thread that you suggested that a hybrid latex mattress can be placed on wooden slats. The manufacturer also confirmed that this was ok.

I was just wondering if I did want to put a bed base or bunkie board to raise the height of the mattress, can I put it on top of this base? My concern is because the slats are curved upward and there are two vertical beams instead of a single central midbeam. Since most king foundations come in two parts, they would not sit evenly on the slats. I couldn’t find any king bed bases that come with two vertical beams that would sit on the two beams of the bed frame. That seems like the only option and I was wondering if you knew of any such foundation.

Thank you.

Hi shunker,

I don’t know of any one piece king foundation off the top of my head either and I would also have some concerns about both the stability of a foundation on this type of bedframe and on the possibility that it could break the slat holders in the bedframe.

If you only need to raise the height it may be worth considering a thicker layer of very firm polyfoam on top of the slats and underneath your mattress.

Phoenix

ADDED: I’m not sure what I was thinking in my reply because some of the KD king size foundations come in a single piece king size but I would still be somewhat concerned about stability and damage.

Thanks Phoenix.

That helps a lot.

Any idea where I can get such a polyfoam layer? Couldn’t find them with a quick Google search. Would I have to buy it from those who supply the raw materials to mattress manufacturers?

Hi shunker,

The component list here includes some of the better online sources for polyfoam that I’m aware of. There are also some comments about their relative prices in post #4 here and post #6 here.

Phoenix