I am going to Covina today...Need Suggestion

Hello Gang, I am going to Covina today to visit two mattress manufacturers. I was wondering if any of you have ever been to any of the two and if so, what was your impression of the place. What bed did you get and why? I am in the ealy stages of research and would like your opinion. At first, I was leaning towards a foam mattress, but now I am considering a Latex and might even go for a InnerSping if I can find one tha t is comfortable to me. So, please go ahead and share your experience with me.

Thank you for all your wealth of information Phoenix, it has help me tremendously. I feel that I am very informed now.

Hi ZenShakti,

Assuming that you are looking at the Los Angeles list, there is only one manufacturer in Covina which is Flexus. The other option in Covina is Dreamland which is a retail store.

As you probably know from your reading, Flexus is one of the members of this site which means that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, and transparency. A forum search on Flexus (you can just click the link) will bring up more information and feedback about them.

Bruce at Dreamland is also knowledgeable and experienced and a forum search on Dreamland (you can also just click the link) will bring up more information and feedback about them as well.

I would be very cautious about using other people’s experiences with any specific mattress as a guideline for what you may do well with because a mattress that is “perfect” for one person may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (see post #13 here).

Post #13 here also has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase relative to each person.

Phoenix

Thank you, Phoenix! I met with James at Flexus today and now undestand a lot more about the whole Latex mattress mystery. I will try Deamland tomorrow. It is so much information. I have talked to 5 different manufacters today, comparing layers of latex, prices, deals, an taxes. Now, I need to decide if I want all Talalay or a combination of Dunlop and Talalay… so much information…

Hi ZenShakti,

Just to help keep it simple … when it comes to comfort choices and PPP … your body and careful testing will tell you much more than your mind. When it comes to the quality/durability of the materials … your mind and the information you know about the materials in a mattress will tell you much more than your body :slight_smile:

You are certainly looking at some good options!

Phoenix

Well, this will be a short post. I went with Flexus! IMO they were the best and most importantly; local!

Thank you for all your help, Phoenix! I could not have done it without this site and your help.

Enjoy the beauty of the day.

PS: I will post a picture or the mattress once I get it next week.

Hi ZenShakti,

As you already know … I think you made a great choice … and congratulations on your new mattress :).

I’m looking forward to your update and feedback (and your pictures) when you receive it.

Phoenix