I AM So So Soo confused....Now on my 5th Mattress Since August

Hi eric0tt8,

[quote]I also, while passing those tests, feel it may be a bit too soft. But my gut says if I have never had a bed like that, and am having no problems, then all must be well.

But if it is too soft, I am still optionless[/quote]

If your mattress is currently giving you no problems and provides good pressure relief and alignment then it seems to me that for now at least your mattress is working well so I’m not sure what you are wanting to do?

[quote]So where I stand is I have the Stearns & Foster Myra (which is not exchangable due to the one exchange already)
Here is the link to that mattress. http://www.mattressdiscounters.com/products/stearns-and-foster-mayra-pillowtop-mattress-set/ I see that both of my layers of foam are HD Foam So I should have had Latex.[/quote]

I think the description you linked is incomplete and this one is probably more complete but since you don’t have any other options and it’s working for you for now … it’s a moot point anyway.

I’m not sure which page you mean but Stearns and Foster (Sealy) is one of the manufacturers I would tend to avoid. Now that you have one though … how long it may last for you will depend on many factors including your height/weight and the density/quality of the foams in the mattress but this too is a moot point unless you have other options. I’m not sure why you are considering taking a huge loss by selling a mattress that appears to be working. You will know when any issues start to happen by how you are sleeping. I have seen quite a number of people who have issues around the three year mark or so but each case is individual and depends on how you and the mattress interact and how much foam softening you can tolerate before you are outside the range of pressure relief and alignment that is acceptable for you.

The better options in and around the Baltimore area I’m aware of are listed in post #2 here but again I’m not clear why you are considering selling it. I would probably at least wait until it develops issues where you either need to fix or replace it.

Am I missing something? I’m just not clear on exactly what is wrong with the mattress you have that would warrant selling it at a loss.

Phoenix