I decided not to buy a bed in a box. Now what?

Hello! First off, what an awesome website this is! Anyhoo, I need a little guidance. I, like a lot of other people, was very close to buying a bed in a box until I found this site. I’m sure it would’ve been leaps and bounds better than my 10 yr old spring mattress, but I just can’t settle. Now that being said, I still want a foam or latex mattress for about the same price, because I don’t like spending money.

I’ve now decided on a Brooklyn Bedding mattress. I’m trying to decide between the latex or foam mattress. They both seem like great mattress’.

Also, it’s me and my wife and we’re both lite side sleepers. So we were leaning towards a medium to medium firm.

Any advice?

Hi Xradchadx,

Just in case you haven’t read it yet I would make sure you start with the tutorial post (linked in the top right corner of the page and after all of my posts) which has all the most useful information and links you will need all in one place.

As you know … Brooklyn Bedding is a member here and they certainly make some great quality/value mattresses and compete well with the best in the industry.

There are three main types of foam (latex foam, polyurethane foam, and memory foam) but I’m assuming by “foam” you mean memory foam? If that’s the case then the choice between them would really be a matter of personal preference. Post #7 here has more about the differences between them but your own personal testing on local mattresses that use both materials is the best way to know which one you prefer.

I would also make sure that you have a more detailed conversation with them about the firmness choice that would likely be best for you (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here). If you are ordering a king size then you can also choose different firmness levels on each side of the mattress so that each of you can choose your own firmness level.

Phoenix

I guess my big question is the difference between the Brooklyn memory foam and latex. Ive never laid on a latex before. I’m looking for a medium mattress. I like the price of the latex that’s for sure.