I don't think I understand the differences between these two companies

So, I’m looking for a new mattress and I’ve been reading through all the info here, and combing through the preferred list. What I don’t think I get is the difference between the spindle mattress and the CozyPure . Is the price difference simply due to organic materials in the CozyPure? Thanks for any insight.

Hi Redsaffron,

They both use Dunlop Latex in their mattresses but Spindle has the option of either synthetic Dunlop or 100% natural Dunlop that is made with a continuous pour process and Cozy Pure uses 100% natural Dunlop that is made in a mold (Note: Spindle is now only using 100% natural continuous pour Dunlop in their mattresses). 100% natural Dunlop that is made in a mold or made with a continuous pour process would be very comparable in terms of quality and durability. There is also a difference between the designs of each mattress, the type and quality of the covers they use, the additional benefits of buying from each one, and like any two business there would also be other differences between them and their business models and policies that would also affect their prices (see post #14 here).

When you are down to final choices between “good and good”, none of them have any weak links in their design, and if there are no clear winners between them, then which one would be the best choice for you would depend on all the objective, subjective, and intangible parts of your personal value equation that are part of each mattress purchase that are most important to you (see post #2 here).

Phoenix

It sounds like I’ll be happy either way. Thanks. Additionally, what do you think of CozyPure’s mattress toppers? I really like the look of this topper but not sure if the price is fair. Seems like a lot! Can I find comparable for less? Thanks again for all the info. Very helpful!

Hi Redsaffron,

There is more information and sources for wool mattress toppers in post #3 here (which includes Cozy Pure).

There are many differences between wool toppers including the type and species of wool used and the raw material cost, the type of layering and construction, the specifics of the cover and the tufting, any return policies or other benefits that go with each purchase, and other factors besides just the weight of the wool that would all be part of the cost of a wool topper. I think that all of them are good quality choices from reputable companies and all of them have fair prices.

Phoenix

Thanks!