I have it narrowed down to 3...

I have spent HOURS reading the information presented on this website today, and after carefully researching what the different companies had to offer, I think I have it narrowed down to 3 choices for a memory foam mattress that is similar to a Tempur-pedic Rhapsody Breeze:

(in no particular order)

Select A Bed: Tri-pedic Platinum model, has a 10/20 warranty, a 120 day sleep trial and costs $1,699. Their other company is Tempflow, which makes a slightly higher end mattress that is VOC free. They also cost an extra $1k.

Select Foam: Regalis Luxe model, has a Lifetime warranty, 90 day sleep trial and costs $1,799. Their warranty is for anything over 3/4" indention and they cover the shipping.

Healthy Foundations: no model options, has a 10 year warranty, a 365 day sleep trial, and costs $1,699. If you file a warranty claim and donate your old mattress to charity, they wave the shipping costs.

The rest are either gel foam based or they just did not appeal to me.

Does anyone have any xp with any of these 3 companies?

Make that 4…sigh…just reviewed the Christeli beds and wow! In particular the Lux Estate 14.5" bed looks simply amazing. I like the latex core, as I have a latex bed now. Twin layers of memory foam over that core should be heavenly. Granted we’re talking about another $400-$500 but hey…beats $4k for a Tempur-pedic!

Christeli: Lux Estate model, Lifetime warranty, 30 day sleep trial (meh) and costs $2,165. Not thrilled with such a short trial but they boast of a 97+% customer satisfaction rating that keep their beds.

Hi CDFinch,

You are looking at some good options that all use good quality materials and don’t have any obvious weak links in their design or materials.

While I can’t tell you which one to choose … post #13 here has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase that I would consider and post #2 here may be helpful when you have eliminated all the worst options and are down to final choices that are all between good and good and there are no clear winners between them.

Phoenix

Did some more research into each company and I have eliminated Healthy Foundations from the list. While they seem reputable, I don’t like the option of not having any options with their mattress. For the same price range, some of the others seem to be better quality, especially the Christeli.

So that leaves me 3…and I am leaning toward the Christeli. They seem to be using better quality foam, based on density/longevity.

By the same token, Select A Bed boasts of user reviews from the Sleep Center of Alabama (Birmingham) and I just happen to work in Birmingham! :woohoo: I will be making a pitstop by there to check out their beds and talk to their staff members to see if the claims are legit.

Still researching…

P.S. - yes Alabama has more than some outhouses and rednecks driving big 4x4s while waiving rebel flags. UAB Hospital is nationally known for its medicine and rehab programs. Many pro-athletes come here for treatment.

If you follow NASA, you’d know that Huntsville, AL. is the foundation center for American space flight. The Marshall Space Flight Center developed the rockets for the Apollo missions, developed Skylab, and is an integral part of the Hubble telescope and shuttle missions.

Granted, the engineers, scientists and astronauts are probably from other states… :stuck_out_tongue: Guess that leaves us the rich music heritage and national acts that come from here! :evil:

Hi CDFinch,

It will be interesting to see what they say. Just as a point of reference as well … the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the Birmingham area are in post #57 here just in case you want to check what is available locally.

Thanks for the mini tutorial on NASA and Alabama as well. I didn’t know most of what you mentioned but I do know some “good people” that are from “Sweet Home Alabama” or “Alabama - Down Home” (take your pick) :slight_smile:

Phoenix