I have nerve pain that burns -- looking for a way to cool down my latex mattress

Haha, I’m so confused. Normally I post about a wool topper, but this time I commented on a wool duvet, and Pheonix and I were having a discussion about different things :wink:

1. I do also have a wool topper, however I didn’t mention it in this post because I used it to sleep warmer. I was actually sleeping too cold, which was a delightful shock. Note I said warmer, and not ‘too hot’. Wool temperature regulates, it doesn’t just cool. If you want to see the topper I used, and a full review, it’s available here:

https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/sleeptek-classic-2000-3-wool-topper-review

1. I also have a wool duvet. The one I have happens to be from bed bath and beyond:

I don’t know which kind of wool blankets you’re considering, Pamela… The wool duvets are more lofty than a wool knit blanket, but a wool duvet is less fluffy and lofty than down. Good down wins the poofy/ lofty / light category hands down.

1. Before I got the topper in point #1 above, I ‘tried’ simulating a wool topper by first folding the wool duvet I have (point #2 above) in half and putting that on the bed. It was a reasonable approximation, although the topper I got was much thicker (3") than the folded duvet.

…if you just want temperature regulation, you might also consider a 1" or less wool topper. 3" has a more significant impact on feel (which you might prefer), but it will form fairly deep body impressions (that’s how wool works), and some people don’t like the ‘lumpy’ look it can create.

In theory, and as I note in my review of the classic 2000 topper, it is desirable in a wool topper to use a rougher wool. It maintains it’s loft and resists compacting better than a finer wool. It makes sense to me, although I’ve not seen any formal testing on the matter.