I noticed that Plush Beds and Habitat Furnishings are not on your list

I have been reading for the past week about different types of mattresses. I have been sleeping on a Sterns and Foster innerspring mattress for 28 years, and it is still not a bad bed. I am just getting old and broken down. I had hoped to find that manufacturing in the mattress industry was still that you could expect products to last but it has followed suit with our throw away society. After researching, I have decided that I want to go with a latex mattress. I have loaded shopping carts in several sites as to not forget what I liked while continuing to read more. Two of the sites I noticed are not listed here on your companies , Plush Beds and Habitat Furnishings. Do you have any thoughts about the products offered by either of these companies? I am also concerned about trying to set up a latex bed and an adjustable base by myself. Are there companies available that you know of that will provide that service?

Hi kenpenn,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

After 28 years, that mattress certainly doesn’t owe you a thing and you really got your money’s worth out of it! :cheer: Even products using higher quality componentry break down over time and you’ve kept this product much longer than it was designed to last, and much longer than I would recommend, so good job!

It is unfortunately a trend that lower density foams are more and more common within the industry, which is why it is so important to find out the information listed here so you can compare the quality of the materials and components to the durability guidelines here to make sure there are no lower quality materials or weak links in a mattress that would be a cause for concern relative to the durability and useful life of a mattress before making any purchase.

You certainly would be considering something using better quality componentry if you decide to select an all-latex mattress.

Yes, you are correct that they are not members here of the site.

Business membership in The Mattress Underground is not offered lightly, as mattress manufacturers and retailers need to meet our stringent criteria in terms of knowledge, experience, product quality, reputation, transparency, history and informed consumer service. Membership in The Mattress Underground is by invitation only, and if extended it is after we have thoroughly vetted and become familiar with any potential members and are satisfied that their business will meet or exceed our demanding criteria, placing them in the upper tier of mattress manufacturers and retailers in North America. You can read more about this in this post, post #1 here, our core values, and the membership information here.

If you wish to search the site for some of the previous discussions on those two (or other) companies, simply use the search feature here (just click on the link).

There are many companies offering all-latex mattresses, and we’ve always been happy to discuss any product or componentry, regardless of site membership (most of the discussion here on the site is for products offered by non-site members). If your interest is strictly in members here of the site, you may wish to read through post #21 here which contains online option of site members who are all very experienced and knowledgeable and specialize in providing the type of help and guidance on the phone that can help you make good choices. There are a wide range of latex experts included in the choices there and I believe that all of them compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, and transparency.

Whatever business you’re considering, if you have any questions about specifications or certain products you discover, feel free to post back on the forum and I’ll do my best to be assistive.

If you’re having something shipped, before ordering you should enquire about what is normally termed “White Glove” delivery service options, which usually includes setting up your products, and see of that is an option. “Threshold” delivery is usually to your front door or foyer, and “Curbside” is usually where the truck pulls up to your mailbox and you’re responsible for unloading and transport into your home.

Phoenix