I registered and have account. My original question what a recommendation of quality matresses in Indianapolis and Carmel IN.

Have a Dormia which I hate. Question is to best place for good quality traditional box spring
Mattress. I live in Carmel IN. Suburb of Indianapolis.

Hi Jel,

Subject to confirming that any retailer or manufacturer on the list you wish to deal with is completely transparent about the materials and components in their mattresses (see this article) and to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines here … the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Indianapolis area are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix

In your opinion does a layer of wool really make a cooler mattress?

Hi Jel,

Wool is a great temperature regulating material that can certainly help keep you in a more comfortable and neutral temperature range. It can regulate temperature in both directions because of its breathability, ability to insulate, and ability to wick moisture and humidity and store it inside the wool fiber away from the skin and maintain a less humid microclimate close to the body (which feels cooler similar to how more humid days feel warmer than less humid days even if the temperature is the same). This is one of the reasons it’s used in both desert climates (in thinner layers) and in arctic climates (in thicker layers).

In other words … I would call it more temperature regulating than actually cooling even though if you tend to sleep hot it can certainly help you sleep cooler.

Phoenix

And Holder still makes flip mattress. One of you website people I visited said it is just old technology. What do you think?!

Hi Jel,

While it’s certainly older technology than one sided mattresses … a two sided mattress can also be a more durable choice than a similar mattress that has the same comfort layers on only one side of the mattress. There is more about the pros and cons of one sided vs two sided mattresses in post #3 here and the posts it links to.

Phoenix