I think I want a BME Brooklyn Bedding, But Medium or Firm?!?

Hi stevejarke,

[quote]my main concern is that the top comfort layer on the medium will be too soft and compromise support. Am I just being crazy? I really need something that will keep me flat yet comfortable.

Is there much real world difference here?

Medium = 28ILD Talalay Latex with 32ILD Dunlop Latex
Firm = 32ILD Talalay Latex with 34ILD Dunlop Latex [/quote]

Yes … there will be a real world difference but they would be much more familiar with “matching” their different firmness levels to different body types, sleeping styles, and preferences and would be a much better source of guidance than I am.

There is more information in post #2 here about the different ways to choose the most suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort”, firmness, and PPP that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for but the “bottom line” is that when you can’t test a mattress in person then you would be dependent on the suggestions of a retailer or manufacturer you are working with in combination with the trial period because there isn’t a formula that can use complex combinations of specs (either yours or a mattress) to predict with any certainty which of their firmness levels would be the best match for you and would have the best odds of success that can possibly be more reliable than either their own “best effort” suggestions or your own personal experience when you sleep on the mattress.

Phoenix