I would love some opinions

Hi Kriswku,

SS Restofoam is just supersoft polyfoam with Restonic’s name attached. This is the type of foam that can cause softening issues when the layers are too thick and knowing the density of any layers of polyfoam that total more than an inch, especially in the comfort layers of a mattress, is important.

There are basically 3 types of foam and their variants. These are memory foam, latex, and polyfoam. If it doesn’t say memory foam or latex … the odds are very good that its polyfoam. As you mentioned … the specs don’t include any information about the quality of the foams in the mattress (and you may have some difficulty finding it). If the retailer doesn’t understaqnd the importance of this information and go to bat for their customers and find out from the factory … I wouldn’t spend much more time with that specific mattress.

With your heavier weight … it becomes particularly important that the materials in your mattress are high quality or you will likely be sleeping in a valley very quickly ad materials and components will wear out faster (and if the foam comes back close to level when you are off the mattress which it likely will this won’t be covered by a warranty).

The first part of post #2 here has some information that can be helpful with a couple that has two very different weights.

The quality and durability of coils depends on the amount of “working steel” it has. This is dependent on things like the gauge of the steel, the number of coils, and the number of turns in each coil. All of these together determine the quality and durability of an innerspring. How much foam is on top of the coils will also play a role (the less foam there is the more the coils will be flexing and subject to wear).

Having said that … even though the coil count is high and there is a lot of foam on top of them … pocket coils don’t have helicals which connect them together and help them act in tandem together so they are more subject to compression and weakening and with your higher weight along with the type of coil … a gauge this low could be risky IMO yes. Normally the foams in the comfort layer would be the weak link of a mattress but my other concern with this innerspring would be whether it provided you with good support. For you wife it would likely be fine.

Phoenix