icomfort memory foam mattress

Today I went to test out the different mattresses at a local store recommended on this site. In all honesty I was looking for a latex mattress but after trying the Icomfort it seemed to feel better. Beyond the price, can anyone tell me their experience with this mattress. It was suggested they do not run hot like the tempurpedic. After reading this site for a few weeks I got the impression that latex beds might be better and that name brands like serta were over priced and inferior materials. The latex beds I tried were fine, maybe Im not that “picky” or as Ive read maybe you cant really tell until you sleep in it. In any event and advice regarding these mattreses would be appreciated thank you)

Hi mike7,

There is some more information about the materials in some of the iComfort mattresses in post #11 here.

You can’t “feel” the quality or durability of the materials in a mattress and lower quality materials can feel just as good as higher quality materials so it’s important to know the quality of the materials so that you have a reasonable expectation that what you are buying will still be suitable in a year or two down the road no matter how it feels in a showroom. It will also allow you to make meaningful comparisons with other mattresses.

Some of the iComfort line uses reasonable quality materials although none of them are good value compared to other mattresses that use similar or better materials.

You can also read a little more about the factors that affect the sleeping temperature of a mattress in post #2 here and in most cases the foams that are used in the mattress are only one part of the temperature regulating picture.

Phoenix