IComfort Revolution?

My husband and I had looked at the Icomfort revolution a while ago, and I see it’s no longer listed on the Serta website. It’s obviously no longer available, but was it replaced with another model or do you know of something similar? Thanks for your help!

Hi FARM,

The name of the Revolution changed to the Savant. You can see some of my thouights and an analysis of the iComfort lineup in (see post #11 here).

Rather than trying to “match” another mattress though (see post #2 here) … especially one with poor value and some lower quality materials inside it) … I would follow the steps listed in the post that is linked after my signature (and the information that it links to). This will help you avoid some of the worse choices and help connect you with local manufacturers and sleep shops that can help you find a mattress that best matches your body type and sleeping style but also has much better quality and value. There is also a link in the post which will give you a more specific set of “targets” that you can rate each mattress against rather than than setting up another mattress as your target.

Hope this helps … and once you read the linked post … if you need a list of the better options or possibilities in your area just let me know your zip or the city you live.

Phoenix

thanks for the information. been doing lots of reading, so much to consider when purchasing a mattress! I’m located in the Pgh, PA area, so I’ll be trying to find the best place for the best price. was kinda set on the iComfort, but now I’m not so sure…back to researching and reading! :slight_smile:

Hi FARM,

The simplest way is to read some of the basic information so you have a reference point to tell the people who know what they are talking about from those who don’t. Once you have this … then the goal is to connect with the “experts” who already know what you would otherwise need to learn.

One of the most important signs of a better retailer or manufacturer is that they understand the importance of providing you with the details of every layer of the mattresses they sell. These are the ones who want you to know the quality and value of the mattresses they sell. As long as you only consider mattresses where this information is available (in some stores it may be available for some mattresses and not others in which case I would ignore the ones where it isn’t) … you will be able to make meaningful quality and value comparisons between mattresses.

Some of the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Pittsburgh area are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix