iComfort Savant Everfeel Versus Mattresses.net

I’ve been researching mattresses for a couple of weeks now and this site has been a great source. Phoenix, thank you for compiling such a massive amount of good information in one place.

We are located in the DFW area and are about to head over to Stacy Furniture in Allen to lay on some latex mattresses before pulling the trigger on the King Adjustable Ultra Plush Latex Sleep System from mattresses.net After much research and as long as we like the feel of a latex mattress after today, this is the one we will be going with.

Firmness in: soft, medium with the 3" #19 topper all blended talalay latex.

I am 6’ 210# and kind of sleep on both my side and stomach. My fiancé is 5’ 9" 150# and is a stomach sleeper.

We have laid on an iComfort Savant Everfeel and really liked the feel. I have read latex might be a bit more firm. This is why I figure we would go with the soft, medium with a #19 3" topper versus the #28 or an even firmer support layer. Perhaps after we lay on some today we may discover we need a firmer support. Or at least firmer on my side.

So, Phoenix, do you have any insight as to how latex will feel versus the iComfort we already laid on? Also, any suggestions on the firmness in our support layers given my weight compared to my fiancé? Thanks again for this amazing source of information!

Our trip to Stacy Furniture was successful. We spoke with Gene who was the mattress guru there and he was very knowledgable. We laid on a restonic talalay latex mattress with a 6" core of 42 ILD I believe and then around 4 more layers of softer, medium firmness talalay but unsure of their ILD. I believe it was a vienna eurotop. Definitely like the feel of the talalay.

We just need a recommendation on what the best setup of the mattresses.net talalay mattress would be for our sizes and for side and stomach sleeping.

Hi d_lilley5,

Some of the other options in the Dallas/Fort Worth list here may have better options to be able to test latex mattresses.

[quote]We have laid on an iComfort Savant Everfeel and really liked the feel. I have read latex might be a bit more firm. This is why I figure we would go with the soft, medium with a #19 3" topper versus the #28 or an even firmer support layer. Perhaps after we lay on some today we may discover we need a firmer support. Or at least firmer on my side.

So, Phoenix, do you have any insight as to how latex will feel versus the iComfort we already laid on? Also, any suggestions on the firmness in our support layers given my weight compared to my fiancé? Thanks again for this amazing source of information!

We just need a recommendation on what the best setup of the mattresses.net talalay mattress would be for our sizes and for side and stomach sleeping. [/quote]

All types of mattresses come in a wide range of firmness levels and “feels” so it’s not really possible to generalize about the firmness or softness of a whole category of mattresses that includes hundreds or even thousands of different mattresses because it will always depend on the specifics of the design and materials in each mattress you are considering mattress.

When you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer (such as Mattresses.net) who can help “talk you through” the options they have available based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done (assuming you know the firmness of all the layers in the mattresses you have tested which may not be possible to find out), and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

It’s not really possible to compare a memory foam mattress to a latex mattress because they are very different materials that respond completely differently and have different “types” of softness. These type of comparisons are completely subjective and relative to each person but there is more about how latex and memory foam compare in general terms post #2 here.

Phoenix