Ideal Mattress? What do you think of my order?

So i followed the retailer guide and ended up going to ideal mattress. After spending 2 hours in the store I decided on a custom mattress and it should be delivered next week.

Just wondering if anyone else has a mattress from them and how has it been?
I paid 3080 for my queen with cash, resulting in him dropping the delivery and tax to half.

Its a full latex construction, a 1" soft / 3" soft / 7" firm construction with 6" zoning firm on both sides
The cover is organic cotton and wool

Was this a good buy?

I would think it is a good buy if you are happy with it and the price was not a hardship for you., which it sounds like it was not.

Hi degamega,

[quote]Just wondering if anyone else has a mattress from them and how has it been?
I paid 3080 for my queen with cash, resulting in him dropping the delivery and tax to half.

Its a full latex construction, a 1" soft / 3" soft / 7" firm construction with 6" zoning firm on both sides
The cover is organic cotton and wool

Was this a good buy? [/quote]

You can see some comments about Ideal Mattress in the Toronto list here and a forum search on idealmattress or an exact term site search on Ideal Mattress Ltd (you can just click both links) will bring up all the forum posts with comments or feedback about them as well.

While other people’s comments about the knowledge and service of a business can certainly be helpful … I would be very cautious about about using other people’s experiences or reviews on a mattress (either positive or negative) as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you and in many if not most cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (see post #13 here).

The “value” of a mattress purchase is always relative to how it compares to the other specific mattresses or “finalists” you are considering (in the same size of course and based on “mattress only” to “mattress only” comparisons) or that are available to you either locally or online and there isn’t a “formula” you can use to assess the value of a mattress because it depends on each person’s criteria which can be different from person to person.

Having said that … there is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here which which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists (based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you).

If you are confident that your mattress will be a good “match” for you in terms of PPP (or you have good options available after a purchase if you aren’t) then in terms of quality and durability it certainly uses high quality materials and there are no lower quality materials or “weak links” in the mattress and if it also compares well to the other finalists you were considering based on all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you then I would say that you certainly made a good quality/value choice.

Most importantly … congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I hope you have the chance to share your comments and feedback when you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix