Ikea latex mattress

Hi, I am on the market for a latex mattress and am on a budget. DOes anyone have an opinion on Ikea latex mattresses? I am specifically considering this one, they claim that it is “85% natural latex.”
WIll appreciate any advice!

Hi costa,

You can see my thoughts about some of the Ikea mattresses in post #3 here.

There was no link in your post but if you mean the Edsele then it uses good quality materials (85% natural latex) and has a good quality cotton/wool cover and is good value compared to most of the mainstream choices available.

Of course you would still need to test it carefully and objectively to make sure it is suitable in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and personal preferences) because no matter what the quality or relative value of a mattress if it isn’t suitable for your specific needs and preferences then it would have little value to you.

Overall I would consider it to be one of the better choices in terms of quality and value as long as it’s a good match for your personal value equation.

Phoenix

oh thank you. this is so useful! the only other mattress I was considering was almost twice as much, at Broolkyn bedding.
Do you think Ikea would give me the 5% discount?

Hi costa,

Brooklyn bedding is probably the same or better value (they have a more flexible and customizable design and use a more costly type of latex) but the Ikea would certainly be good value and you can test it in person to make sure the design matches your specific needs and preferences in terms of PPP. No matter how good the quality or value of a mattress it’s just as important to make sure it is suitable for your specific body type and sleeping style because otherwise the mattress would have little value for you.

No … I don’t think so and I doubt that the staff would even know about this site (they are not “mattress people” and just happen to sell some better quality mattresses … along with some that I wouldn’t consider).

Phoenix