IKEA latex mattresses and alternatives

Hi nanbees,

Your budget is certainly a significant limitation for a latex mattress unless you are looking at a thinner mattress which may not be ideal for you to sleep on or a latex / polyfoam hybrid.

I certainly wouldn’t buy a mattress that your testing indicated wasn’t suitable for you in terms of PPP.

Based on your feedback … this seems to be a better match for you in terms of PPP although I seriously doubt that the latex is in the ILD range that you are indicating. You can see a picture of the design of the Myrbacka here (thanks to sdmark). Even if it was in the ILD range you are suggesting … there are so may difficulties in comparing ILD’s between different types of latex and because there are so many other specs that can have just as big an effect on the feel and performance of a mattress as ILD … I would be very hesitant to use specs you are guessing at as a basis for comparing another mattress. If the only issue with the Myrbacka is that the comfort layer is too firm … you can certainly add some additional pressure relief with a suitable topper.

It may also be worth considering one of the online options that are linked in the tutorial post which may also be a way to stay inside your budget. Some of the lower budget online latex and latex hybrid options are mentioned in posts #3 and #4 here.

You may have already seen this but the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Folsom / Sacramento, CA area are listed in post #5 here but as you mentioned your budget is somewhat restrictive for latex.

Phoenix