ikea malm low bed with sultan lade slats

Hi elapid95,

Are you asking about the size?

I believe that they have discontinued the Sultan Lade slats and that’s probably the only size they have left so it wouldn’t be a possibility.

Phoenix

Hi elapid95,

No … they won’t fit. The slats are only 27.5" x 63". It would be easy enough though to go to a lumber yard and have them cut slats that fit.

They would be be evenly supportive enough but they aren’t ideal because they will flex under the mattress and will change the feel of your mattress compared to a non flexing base. If you did decide to go with one of them then I would probably choose the Lonset because the tension can be adjusted in different areas if you need to firm up part of the base to compensate for the additional flex under your mattress.

Phoenix

Hi elpid95,

Yes … it will be fine.

Phoenix

Hi elapid95,

I’m not personally familiar with either of them so I don’t have a personal preference.

If I remember correctly you are buying a full size mattress … is that correct?

The reason I’m asking is because I don’t believe that the Ikea beds have center support to the floor and this would be one of my criteria if I was choosing a queen or a king size mattress.

If you are buying a full size then this wouldn’t be as big an issue and either one would be fine for a memory foam mattress (as long as the gaps between the slats in the Ikea aren’t too far apart) and it would be a preference choice depending on whether you prefer the look and aesthetics of the Ikea bedframe or a steel bedframe with the Simple Life foundation.

Phoenix

Hi elapid,

It would also be suitable for your mattress and it would probably be stronger and have a greater weight capacity than an Ikea bedframe and have the advantage of storage space underneath as well but since both would be suitable it will really come down to which one you would prefer to have in your bedroom.

There are some comments, pictures, and feedback about the Genius platform bedframe in this topic and some general comments about these types of wire grid platform support systems in post #10 here.

Phoenix

Hi elapid95,

Both of them will be suitable for your mattress.

The Simple Life foundation will need either a steel or wooden bedframe in addition to the foundation.

The Genius is a stand alone product that doesn’t need anything else and has some storage space underneath it.

I would choose the one that fits your circumstances and taste the best.

Phoenix

Hi elapid,

It would probably be “supportive” enough but depending on what you are using it on it may not be completely stable and it would also increase the risk of ventilation issues that can come from a solid surface support system (see post #10 here).

If you do decide to try it then I would also use low VOC plywood (see post #2 here).

Phoenix

Hi Elapid,

That would depend on whether it was a box spring or a slatted or “wire grid” foundation with little to no give (I would tend to avoid a box spring that has springs with a memory foam mattress) and in the case of a foundation with wooden slats on the distance between the slats and to some degree the strength of the wood.

I would use the guidelines and examples in the foundation post here as a reference.

Phoenix
Note Added Later: To elapid95
I got your message…No problem! I will proceed with deleting your old posts as per your request.
Phoenix