Ikea Myrbacka too stiff - latex topper suggestions?

Hi All,

I purchased an Ikea Queen Myrbacka (medium firm) to replace my previous Ikea Full Sultan Engenes. I also purchased the Sultan Altoy base for the Myrbacka. Unfortunately, I find the Myrbacka to be way too firm. I loved the Engenes, but it just became too small for the wife and I to be comfortable on. The only other Ikea mattress that I liked was the Morgongava, which is about $450 more. I think I am a few days outside the Ikea 90 day exchange. I also think we can add a latex topper for less than the difference between the mattresses. So, what shall it be? FYI - I sleep hot and therefore do not like memory foam. The Cozy Pure looks fantastic, but also incredibly expensive. I think my max budget is around $500. My wife and I are mostly side sleepers.

Mike

Hi schwaz80,

While there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved to make any specific suggestions ā€¦ post #2 here and the topper guidelines it links to has more information that can help you use your sleeping experience on a mattress as a reference point and guideline to help you choose the type, thickness, and firmness for a topper that has the best chance of resolving any ā€œsymptomsā€ or discomfort you may be having on your Sultan engenes and includes a link to a list of the better online topper sources Iā€™m aware of as well.

Phoenix

Schwaz80 - I bought a Cozy Pure LaNoodle topper last year (queen size) and used it for about a month - under a mattress cover - and it just wasnā€™t quite soft enough for me. I have a severe case of ā€˜princess and the peaā€™ syndrome, I confess, and ended up with a 14 ILD 3" Talalay topper for my Dunlop mattress, which was already a soft mattress, so you can tell I was looking for something in the super-soft range.

I really liked the Cozy Pure topper, it just wasnā€™t quite enough to do away with some of the pressure point problems I was having - I have fibromyalgia and other problems that made getting the right degree of softness a bit of a problem for me, but the topper is every bit as nice as others have said, very well made, and I wouldnā€™t trade my LaNoodle pillows for anything in the world.

Anyway, point being, I have that queen size topper from Cozy Pure that I only used for a month, no smoking, no pets in the bedroom, and Iā€™ve been thinking about selling it since Iā€™ve slept on the Talalay topper long enough now to know it has solved my problem. Iā€™d like to get $275 for it plus whatever shipping would be from Virginia to wherever.

If you - or anyone else reading this - is interested, just send me a PM or reply to this and Iā€™ll get back to you. I check in here every couple of days, just because thereā€™s usually something interesting to read.

Hi Clawdia,

If schwaz80 doesnā€™t want your Lanoodles topper youā€™re certainly welcome to start a new ā€œFOR SALEā€ topic if you wish so that it will be easier for the members to see.

Phoenix

Thanks, Phoenix - Iā€™ll do that tomorrow - donā€™t know if youā€™ve noticed, but the web pages from your site that Iā€™m pulling up today look a bit odd, not like usual.

Hi Clawdia,

Iā€™ve changed the template and software on the site (see this post) but there have been some issues over the last few days with the server not being able to ā€œinteractā€ with the new software which has caused some errors and distortions and slow loading times over the last few days since the new site was launched.

Itā€™s been the subject of a lot of frustration and phone calls to my hosting company over the last few days and nights (and lots of lost sleep) :frowning: ā€¦ but my website developer is working on them and hopefully most of them should be resolved today.

Phoenix