Indianapolis mattress dealers

Torn between latex and memory foam, but want to try them both. Can’t find a good retail store in north side Indianapolis area, or fishers Indiana. Any recommendations are appreciated!!

There’s a place in Zville Called Village Mattress. Worked with Chris via email. They have pure latex bliss. Also if you just want to lay on one Discount Mattress @ 96th by Pep Boys/Tday Morning has PLB also and Englanders. I did not like the salesguy. He was misinformed and pushing Englanders.

How funny, I just got off the phone with sales guy from discount and he went on and on about englandars…read the reviews for them and they didn’t look very good. Does the village store in Zionsville have ones to lay on?

Hi Indylady18,

Some of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Indianapolis area are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix

What are your thought on layered latex from companies like sleepez, savvy, foamsweetfoam and flobeds vs plushbeds? And is any of these better than the other. My husband is a back sleeper but likes a soft feel, but not too soft…for example the Pure bliss beautiful we tried was way to soft…I am an all over the place sleeper and get muscle tightness. We were thinking Dunlop firm, Dunlop medium and taylay medium if we went with the layers. Also with layers do you notice an impact in the middle if they are split. Sorry for all the questions…there are so many options I am having decision paralysis. And I’m going to go crazy on this P.O.S. Spring mattress soon.

Oh and after realizing the limited indy selection, we are just gonna dive in with an online purchase. I think that’s why I want to make sure before I order anything. It’s a major purchase and a major pain if it doesn’t work out. Thanks again for your help Phoenix…you rock!!

Hi Indylady18,

You can see my thoughts about individual component layers vs glued layers in post #2 here. More individual layers that can be re-arranged or exchanged allow for more options and greater levels of customization both before and after a purchase (with a layer exchange) and it also allows you to replace a single layer if one softens or breaks down before the others (which would usually be the top layer) or if your needs and preferences change down the road without having to replace the entire mattress.

If you know the type and blend of latex inside a mattress and the type of cover and the quilting that is used then you can make more meaningful comparisons with other mattresses. There is more about the different types and blends of latex in post #6 here. Once you know the specifics of two mattresses you are comparing then which one has “better value” or is “better for you” would depend on the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

All of the manufacturers you are considering use good quality latex materials and good quality covers and there are no “weak links” in any of them but there are some significant differences between them in their designs, options, types of latex they offer, and the exchange or return policies they offer as well as their cost.

If they use a suitable quilted cover or with an unquilted there is a single solid layer of latex then you won’t notice the split no … although of course you would notice the transition from one firmness level to another on each side (which is the reason for the split layering in the first place). There is more about this in post #2 here.

Phoenix

Thank you Phoenix . Do you by chance have a post comparing the above companies? And do you by chance have a recommendation or common configuration for the layers? Firm,medium,soft? Dunlap, talalay?

Hi Indylady18,

Not that I’m aware of or remember no. You could type them into a forum search and it would bring up any post that mentioned the ones you are searching for but it would be easier to compare them based on the specific design of the models you are considering and the components and type of latex they use. Once you have talked with them and know the specifics of the mattresses you are most interested in then it’s much easier to make more meaningful comparisons between them.

See mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here.

Phoenix