Initial bed reactions-Pure Latex Bliss-Nature

:slight_smile: I am so, so happy with my choice of my Pure Latex Bliss Mattress. I slept better last night than I have in over a year. The delivery went smoothly. I was anticipating that the mattress would have a slight smell but it doesn’t. The Pure Latex Bliss pillows I bought had a light smell for a few days. We are in the middle of a horrid heat wave and I am happy to say that I was not the slightest bit warm last night. The latex pillows keep my head cooler than the isocool pillows I had previously purchased. We purchased the Nature model and I am convinced it was the perfect choice for us. I was expecting that we would need a few nights to adjust but we didn’t. My husband has chronic pain and he woke this morning with fewer aches than usual. We both got an awesome nights sleep. Lazy Brook Sleep Center in Nisswa, Mn is where we purchased the mattress.The pricing was very fair. Thank you so much Phoenix for all of the great info here. It really helped me to make an informed decision.

Hi Wavycat,

Thanks for the great feedback and I’m thrilled that you made such a good choice and it’s working so well for you :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Wavycat,
I too have purchased a PLB Nature mattress. I’m curious. Did you also get the matching foundation? If yes, what type of steel frame do you have it on? See my posts about the PLB foundation here.

Thanks,
BobP

We did get the matching foundation. We have it on a four poster cherry bed frame. We added extra slats to the frame. I talked to the PLB customer service and she said the slats should be one and a half inches a part. We bought pine one by sixes and had them cut to length at home depot. We also bought sealer and sealed the boards. For good measure we also added a center foot. We screwed together and sealed the cut off pieces from the 1x6’s. The frame had an existing center rail. I kind of feel like I should have gotten the low profile foundation because the bed is a tad higher than I would like but we can live with it. At some point we may switch to an adjustable foundation.
Did that answer your question?

Wavycat,
Thanks for the quick reply. IMO, your frame is more than adequate. My concern is the construction of PLB’s foundation. From the picture that PLB emailed me the foundation’s slats appear to be about 7" apart and it has no center support beam.

BobP

The foundations seems sturdy. It has a twenty year warranty. Truthfully I was so worried about choosing the right mattress that I didn’t put a whole lot of thought into the foundation. When I was cleaning in prep for the new mattress I was horrified to see that my frame had three slats and no center foot. We fixed that and I guess I will just hope for the best with PLB foundation. We love this mattress so much. We have slept on it for four nights and my husbands chronic pain is noticeably reduced. We are both sleeping really well. I don’t think we could possibly be happier. I was expecting a few nights of getting used to the bed restlessness and it just hasn’t happened.

I also live in Twin Cities. I have a mattress emergency where we have to purchase a new mattress soon. The current one is 13 years old and sleeping on it means back pain. So we are sleeping in our guest room that has a newer but smaller queen inner coil mattress.

My spouse does not want to wait a lot before buying a new mattress. We already made a trip to Home store near our home and we both like the feel of a firm Tempurpedic mattress. It was around $2700. I was having trouble making a purchase like this without doing a bit more research. I stumbled into this website and I am overwhelmed with how much I have to learn.

Based on what I have read so far I will take a look at Latex mattress.

I am hoping I can learn from your experience and expedite my purchase process.
How did you settle on Pure Latex Bliss Natural?
Did you consider Latex mattresses made by other manufacturers?
What made you choose the store where you purchased your mattress? I will look up how far Nisswa is to see if I should visit them or if they have a sister store in twin cities.

Thanks

Hi newkidontheblock,

I made some comments in a reply to your other post here.

Phoenix