inner spring w/ latex top

Like a previous poster I am looking for an inner spring hybrid BUT I want latex foam not memory foam. What research I have been able to accomplish tells me no such animal exists. Is there some reason no one is making that type of hybrid. I even contacted a local mattress factory that makes their own and they won’t custom make such a thing. I have already waited about 4 years to find what I want to no avail. Am I waiting foolishly?

Hi kiss22,

There are a number of manufacturers that make latex/innerspring hybrids including several of the members of this site.

Some of them are mentioned in post #2 here and there may be others available in your local area as well. If you let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to let you know about any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area.

Phoenix

I am in Va. Beach Va 23454

Hello kiss22,

I was also interested in an inner spring hybrid with latex, and spent quite a lot of time researching them. On Friday night, I purchased an incredibly comfortable, and extremely well made bed that meets your criteria, the Exceptional Touch Chauncey. They also offer the Exceptional Touch Preston Plush, with an even thicker top base of latex. One of these might well fit what you are looking for.

I purchased mine here in Michigan at the excellent Mattress To Go store, but Exceptional Touch must have some widespread availability around the country. Here is a link that will provide you with much more information about the mattresses I have mentioned. I hope this information is helpful.

https://www.matt-to-go.com/Exceptional_Touch.html

JC

Hi Slapshot,

The better options in the Virginia Beach area I’m aware of are included in post #2 here. You will need to call and talk with them though to find out if any of them carry a latex/innerspring mattresses that meets your criteria.

Phoenix

IKEA Sultan Heggedal is what I have and I like it. Quite firm though, so best supplemented with a soft and thin latex topper.