Innergetic mattress

Greetings. I was wondering if you were familiar with the mattresses from this company Home - Innergetic tThey make a 5 inch mattress which I was thinking about using as a 5" base and adding a 2 or 3 inch layer of talalay laytex on top to create myself 7 or 8 inch mattress for my hospital bed. (I cannot go taller than 8") Do you have any thoughts on this? Thank you for your help.

Hi HudaThunkit,

Innergetic is a tradename (not a company name) for one of the blended Dunlop latex products made by Latexco and is a zoned core made with a blend of natural and synthetic Dunlop with a very low hysteresis (energy absorption) and high resiliency. The site you linked has lots more detailed information about it. I believe it’s a 60% natural 40% synthetic blend.

It’s a good quality material and could certainly make a suitable base for a mattress/topper combination. With any mattress/topper combination though it’s a good idea to test them together first to make sure the specific combination you are considering is a suitable match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences).

Phoenix

Thank you kindly for your response. The problem I have that I am in a wheelchair and I currently do not have any transportation at the moment in order to go around and even think of checking out other mattresses. Plus it is very difficult for me to get on off a bed from my wheelchair at a store. I purchased a 10 inch mattress not long ago (bad choice) but because it is slightly too tall for me plus the fact that I sink into it little too much, it causes me difficulty sliding over and onto my bed. I am about 6 foot tall and I do not weigh more then 150 pounds and I sleep on my stomach mostly until I wake up and sleep on my side for a while. I need to be able to move a round on the bed and get dressed without sinking in too deep. So, I’m looking for something no bigger than 8 inches thick (I can put a board under the edge of the bed to keep me from sliding off the edge as I sometimes do.) and I was either going to build something up of with two layers of 3 inch latex or maybe one 5 inch layer and a 3 inch layer, and then putting the two in a case. Although I don’t want the mattress to be too springy I thought that if I put A layer of medium natural Talalay on top of a layer of medium or firm natural Dunlop, it would make for a good combination. I use it on a adjustable bed where I put the head up often. I very much appreciate your input. Thank you

Hi HudaThunkit,

I would read post #15 here (and the links in option 3) before trying to design your own mattress.

If I was in your position … I would lead towards one of the “choose your own layer” mattresses from one of the online manufacturers that are listed in post #21 here so you can use your own sleeping experience to decide if the mattress is suitable for you in terms of PPP instead of testing the mattress ahead of time. This way you would also have the ability to re-arrange or exchange layers if the initial combination doesn’t work well for you. Most of them also have a good return policy if all else fails and when you are considering a mattress that you haven’t tested before your purchase then the exchange or return policy may be one of the most important parts of your personal value equation.

Trying to design your own mattress without already knowing the specific design that will work best for you can be risky (and costly) unless you only make purchases from sources that have a good return policy or without the guidance of a knowledgeable and experienced manufacturer that would be able to help you make the best possible choices.

Phoenix