Innomax White Night, Pure Bliss, or something else?

Hello all…

I am new to the forum and have spent a good amount of time reading through the different threads learning about mattresses.

My wife and I are primarily side sleepers 75%, and back 25%. I recently purchased an Serta iComfort Insight about 4 months ago, and the mattress is already starting to sag under me. I am quite disappointed as I found it comfortable in the beginning. I am going to return it and am looking for an alternative.

I’m not sure how much I loved the memory foam feeling and want to give Latex a try.

I have narrowed it down to the Sam’s Club American Sleep Organic, which I believe is the same as the Innomax White Night. It has 3 layers (1 in 18ILD, 2 in 24 ILD, and 6 in 28-32 ILD). After getting burned with the iComfort, I do like the idea that I can return the mattress. I have never laid on it, but again with the return policy I am comfortable with that. It is going for about $1700 just for the mattress. I also looked at the Pure Bliss Pamper (1 in 19 ILD, 6 in 40 ILD, 1 in 50 ILD) and the Nature (2 in 19 ILD, 1 in 28 ILD, and 6 in 36 ILD). The price of the Pure Bliss are comparable to the Innomax White Night, give or take a few hundred.

My main concern here is quality. I want to buy this for the long term and want a quality product. I can’t find much about the Innomax brand. Does anyone recommend that I look at any other brands that have good value for top quality.

Thank you

Hi pungche,

Yes they are the same but it is also Dunlop and may be a little firmer than the ILD’s would indicate.

These are the “old” specs and you can see the “new” specs of the PLB mattresses (with the blue covers) in post #2 here. In some areas of the country they still sell the old versions with the specs you outlined.

I would also be very cautious about using the PLB as a guideline for what the Innomax will feel like because both the design, layer thicknesses, and the type and firmness of the latex are different and they are not likely to have a similar “feel” even though the old Nature mattress has a similar amount of latex over the firmer support layer.

I would never shop by brand, only by the materials that are in a mattress. A mattress is only as good as the construction and materials that are inside it and all manufacturers have access to the same or similar materials. The label on the mattress is never as important as the materials that are in it. Both of the mattresses you are looking at use good quality materials that would be very comparable in terms of quality and “value” even though they would be quite different in terms of how they feel and perform.

As you mentioned … there is always a risk in buying a mattress that you can’t test for PPP (Pressure relief, Posture and alignment, and Personal preferences) in person and the big box stores generally know very little about the mattresses they sell or the types of people they may be suitable for so you are in effect “rolling the dice” but their return policy can make up for the risk that the wrong number will come up (although they still wouldn’t be my first choice for an online latex mattress).

You can read my thoughts about the White night in post #4 here and a forum search on innomax (you can just click this) will bring up more information and feedback about them as well. They are generally better “value” than most of the larger more well known brands but of course the relative “value” of any mattress depends on what is in it, what you are comparing it to, and of course on your own personal value equation and all the other parts of a mattress purchase that may be most important to you.

Post #1 here also has some good information, steps and guidelines that will be helpful for anyone that is looking for a new mattress.

Rather than going by brands which … if you let me know your city or zip I’d be happy to let you know or any of the better options or possibilities in terms of retailers or local manufacturers I’m aware of in your area.

Phoenix

Phoenix,

Thank you for all the information. Like a lot of people, I am having a very hard time making a decision.

I live in Seattle, WA. Any retailers or suppliers in this area that you recommend?

Thanks

Pungche

Hi puhgche,

The better options I’m aware of in the Seattle area are listed in post #2 here.

The simplest way I know to get to find the best possible choice for you is to follow the steps in the “read first” post I linked. If you always talk to a retailer or manufacture on the phone first before you go there and tell them your criteria (including your budget), visit the ones you are most attracted to, decide on the type of materials or combinations you prefer, and narrow your choice down to one at each retailer or manufacturer … then it’s easier to make final choices based on your own personal value equation. Without some local testing though at better manufacturers or retailers that are open and transparent about their mattresses, it’s much more difficult to make final choices (or even narrow things down) because you won’t have any meaningful reference points or ways to compare them with other local or online choices that are available to you.

Phoenix