Ironman Natural 1

I have been sleeping on a new Ironman Natural 1 mattress since December/16 and have lately come to the conclusion that it is a little too firm for my liking. I was wondering what your opinion is regarding making it softer for me. I love that it is not too hot to sleep and preferred the firm when I tried it out in the store. I am now wondering if I should have taken the Natural 2 instead, as it had the softer top. I have tried a thick mattress pad but that is not working as there is no feel of sinking it a touch which is what I am looking for… I think.
When I purchased this mattress the dealer suggeted that I get the Natural 2 and said that if I had any problems to let him know. I do not know what he would do now, and whatever it would be I would probably have to take in the mattress to have the new topper installed and I don’t now what that would cost.
Do you think that I could get myself a topper and what type would you suggest that I get, or should I approach the dealer and let him know and let them take care of the problem. I would like to make this fix as easy as possible without spending too much more money and possibly having to give up my mattress for a time.
I would like to know your opinion before I attempt to do anything regarding fixing this problem but would like to do the correct thing, so I will wait to hear what you think. Thank You for any ideas that you might have.

Hi lazopair,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Choose a topper is a common manner in which to customize or add plushness to a mattress that is already providing good alignment but isn’t providing you quite enough surface comfort. There certainly isn’t anything wrong with your reasoning should you decide to pursue that course of action.

I’m not sure what options a dealer might be able to make for you after almost four months, but you could certainly ask. Depending upon what they might be willing to provide, choosing a topper could be a better option for you form both a cost and flexibility perspective.

Deciding to purchase a topper would probably be the most convenient option, and give you the most flexibility overall. In keeping with the theme of your mattress and desire for breathability, a Talalay latex topper certainly would be something you may wish to consider.

There are some good guidelines on how to select a topper in post # 2 here and in post #8 here, and some of the better sources for toppers of which I am aware are in post #4 here. The guidelines presented there should be quite helpful in pointing you in the proper direction, or at least providing options available to you to weigh against what your dealer might be able offer.

Phoenix