Is it a good choice?

Hello Phoenix
I decided to buy locally (thanks to you) and Quality Sleep Shop in La Grange Highlands is just around the corner. I decided to buy Emily pillowtop which has soft blended latex on top. Is it a good choice or should I go with pure latex on top?

Thanks for the answer and for this website.

Hi DanaS,

As you know Quality Sleep Shop is a member of this site which means that I think very highly of them and I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency. You are fortunate that they are so close to you :slight_smile:

While I can’t speak to how a mattress will feel for anyone else or whether it will be a good match in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your Personal preferences) because you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and there are too many variables involved … in terms of durability the Emily Pillowtop certainly uses high quality materials and there are no lower quality materials or weak links that would compromise the durability or the useful life of the mattresses.

The choice between different types and blends of latex is primarily a preference and budget choice rather than a “better/worse” choice because latex in general is the most durable of all the foam materials. There is more about the different types and blends of latex in post #6 here but in softer ILD’s blended Talalay latex would likely be a more durable choice than 100% natural Talalay latex. Synthetic rubber and natural rubber are both “pure” rubber … they just come from different sources. One comes from a tree and is natural and the other is made from styrene butadiene and is synthetic.

Phoenix