Is Sealy Posturepedic innerspring or hybrid? Or do they come in both?

Is a Sealy posturepedic an innerspring or hybrid mattress? Or do they come in both? I want one that won’t give off heat and I know hybrids can give off heat.

Hi JBR2022,

Sealy offers both innerspring and hybrid mattresses you can see here . They are carried by various ‘big box’ stores like Costco, and mattress showrooms like MattressFirm where you can try them out.

[quote] I want one that won’t give off heat and I know hybrids can give off heat.
[/quote]

Depending on the components and construction, some people can feel they sleep ‘hot’ due to there being little or no breathability between foam layers. The upper layers of a mattress are the most significant part of temperature and moisture regulation; A hybrid using a pocket coil core would be the most breathable type, followed by latex, which is the most ‘temperature neutral’ types of foam materials. Heat also tends to be a characteristic of memory foam, So I would be wary of a mattress with a lot of memory foam in the top layers. As far as temperature/sleeping microclimate, keep in mind that a topper will have a bigger effect on airflow, moisture transport, and temperature regulation than other materials, layers, and components that are further away from your skin. For more about the many variables that can affect the sleeping temperature of a mattress or sleeping system in post #2 here.

One problem with the major commercial mattress brands is that they frequently lack transparency on their construction, components and the materials they use. You can look at our article on mattress material matching [/url] and different mattress types . You may also want to take a look at our mattress specifications you need to know and our mattress durability guidelines here as well as our mattress shopping tutorial. Only you can tell what mattress is right for you, based on PPP(Posture and alignment, Pressure relief and Personal preferences) based on your stats (age, BMI, and any health issues/conditions you might have) and some knowledge of what you are looking for, along with testing the mattress out in person. Possibly other consumers can weigh in with their own experiences using the Sealy Posturpedic innerspring and hybrid mattresses.

Hope this helped,

Basilio