Is there a topper to put on a Tempurpedic Simplicity softer

My mother got me a Tempurpedic Simplicity Firm and it is sooo hard I went in and tried all 3 of the Simplicitys but they were all hard so I just kept the one I had. I like a very soft bed and I don’t know what to add to make it softer, I have tried everything Tempurpedic told me to do and nothing helps!!

Hiamandamarie0228,

The Simplicity has 2" of low density/quality memory foam (@ 2.5 - 3 lb density) so because of the thinness and softness of the comfort layer, much of the “feel” of this mattress would come from “going through” these top layers and feeling the layers below it.

These lower layers of polyfoam come in different softness levels which is how the different versions of the mattress are made.

It’s surprising to me that you didn’t feel much difference between the three versions of the Simplicity. The first suggestion I would have is to spend at least 15 minutes on each one just to confirm that they are all too firm for you. Even lower quality memory foam can take a little while to warm up and soften.

Any new mattress will also go through an initial break in period where the foam layers will soften to a degree so if you have only just started sleeping on it then giving it a few weeks before making any changes may also be a good idea unless it’s clear that the mattress is just not suitable for you and that even some initial foam softening is not likely to help. If you get a topper that is soft enough to help now and the foam in the mattress and the topper softens … then you could end up with a mattress that is too soft which could end up exchanging pressure relief issues for alignment issues.

If it really does turn out that all of them are just too firm then you can certainly make a mattress softer by adding a topper. Post #8 here has some guidelines that can help you make the best topper choice.

Phoenix