Is this a good mattress/deal?

I am looking into a latex king mattress and stumbled into this Stearns and Foster:

http://www.discountmattressesonline.com/StearnsandFosterVillaElenaUltraPlushLuxuryLatex

Would you consider this is a good option for the price or can I find better value somewhere else in South Florida?
Thanks,

Hi walcor34,

As you can see in this article … I would avoid the major brands including Stearns & Foster (owned by Sealy which in turn is now owned by Tempurpedic). The 2.5" of hypersoft polyfoam on top is exactly the type of material that tends to soften too quickly and can develop issues that leads to the loss of comfort and support (which is not covered by warranty). For many people … these softening issues can become apparent in around 3 or 4 years (this seems to be a common timeframe). The latex in the Stearns & Foster Luxury Latex mattresses is mostly synthetic Dunlop (which is the least costly type of latex) but no matter what the quality of any other materials in a mattress … the weak link of a mattress is generally determined by the quality and durability of the materials in the upper layers of the mattress and this is where these types of mattresses fail.

I personally wouldn’t consider any mattress where you have no way of knowing the quality of the materials inside or where “unknown foams” can cause problems down the road. While it may be a lower price than normal … lower prices don’t give any assurance of good value and in this case I would avoid it … especially in the plush version (which has more of the questionable polyfoam in it).

Post #1 here has a set of steps and links to information that can greatly increase your odds of finding much better quality and value.

I’m not sure exactly where in South florida you are but post #2 here has a list of local manufacturers this thread may be helpful as well.

Phoenix