Just going a short way into the rabbit hole....

Squirrel!
ok, I thought I had completely gotten away from non memory foam , non latex, non gel memory foam… Instead today, while testing the Tempurpedic Supreme Cloud Luxe, the wife wanted to lie on the Sealy Beautyrest Black Firm Hybrid… While I would not want to pay their $3700 price, I LOVED the feel of the mattress.

To anyone’s knowledge, are ther “clone’s” of this mattress? A/K/A reasonably priced hybrid’s out there? I have looked at the Saatva, but it may as well just be an inner coil mattress.

Hi Cajen9669,

The Beautyrest Black mattresses are made by Simmons … not Sealy.

There is more about the different ways that one mattress can “match” or approximate another one in post #9 here.

While there would be many mattresses that use much higher quality and more durable materials than the Beautyrest Black line (which I would avoid because they all contain lower quality materials that would be a weak link in the mattress) … I don’t think that you will find another manufacturer that makes a mattress that is specifically designed to be a “match” for this mattress so the only way to know whether another mattress would “feel” similar or approximate a Beautyrest Black Firm Hybrid in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) would be based on your own careful testing or personal experience.

There is more about the Saatva mattress in post #1 here and in post #2 in this topic but as you mentioned it’s a completely different mattress with different combinations of materials and components and a very different design.

Phoenix

Sealy, Serta, Simmons, S&F… All S’s to be avoided… I recognize the value and quality is not on par with a lot of the non big box name brands. This is what I was telling you in one of my other posts… So many variables to try and chase down to get a good quality Hybrid… I know if I go to MF, OMF, Sleepy’s the will generally have poorer quality Hybrid mattresses that feel great, the durability will be questionable due to sub par materials AND the price is ginormous. As near as I can tell, the online store members here do not really offer Hybrids… And Hybrids that are NOT name brands are so much more difficult to find.

Not trying to elicit name and models per se, but do you know of GENERALLY HIGH QUALITY Hybrid makers that sell online with a decent return policy.

Hi Cajeng669,

While I would certainly agree with you about Sleepys and Mattress Firm … Original Mattress Factory is completely transparent about the materials in their mattresses and make some good quality/value mattresses.

The word “hybrid” is someone of a catch all term that has different definitions so it would really depend on how you are defining a hybrid mattress (see this article).

If you are looking for hybrid mattresses that use innersprings then there are some sources for innerspring/latex hybrid mattresses listed in post #2 here.

While I don’t keep a record of the individual mattresses that the retailers and manufacturers in the hundreds of forum lists throughout the forum carry on their floor (it would be a bigger job than anyone could keep up with in a constantly changing market) some of the local options that I linked in my earlier reply for Charlotte, NC carry some innerspring/latex and/or innerspring/memory foam hybrids. Off the top of my head they would include Lake Mattress and Denver mattress but if you call some of the others they may also carry some hybrid mattresses that meet your criteria as well.

Phoenix