Just ordered Brooklyn Bedding “BestMattressEver”

Hello everyone, new guy here.

As many of us I had a headache choosing a mattress because of enormous available options. I literally spent around 12 hours or reading, watching video-reviews, YouTube videos from different people and reading our forum. It helped me to organize my thoughts and filter out not less than a half of my “potential” choices. So, thank you all for that!

Eventually I’ve narrowed down my options to the "Love & Sleep Mattress " from Nest Bedding and “BestMattressEver” from Brooklyn Bedding. Looks like it was good set to choose from. Then I spent 3 more hours to take a closer look at these two mattresses :slight_smile: They all good options, where “Love & Sleep” slightly cheaper than “BestMattressEver”.

Well, long story short — I decided to go with Brooklyn Bedding “BestMattressEver”. Few pros that I was thinking about:

1. They rolled out new feature in the mattress construction (TItanFlex, TitanFlex - Brooklyn Bedding) that is some sort of a mix of latex and traditional foam behavior, and it looks promising, at least worth a try.
  2. Based on different videos and descriptions where reviewers laying down on mattresses, throwing heavy things, etc. I found “Love & Sleep” more softer and with more “sinkage” than in BB, so I’m expecting “BestMattressEver” will have more back support and good for stomach-sleepers.
  3. They are offering 2 free pillows and a sheet set with the order on top of $50 off. I hope they will be good enough and I will not need to shop for pillows & sheets separately. It’s good expectation when you receive all at one time and just can sleep in a new bed the same day.
  4. And, well, maybe that is not pros of the BB only, but they were responding to my questions very quickly via chat.

I’ve just placed an order and will share my experience with the “BestMattressEver” mattress once I’ll receive it and take a couple of nights. Do you mind? :slight_smile:

Hi brabus,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Congratulations on your new mattress purchase! :cheer: You certainly made a good quality choice and I will be interested in learning about your new mattress once you’ve had a chance to sleep upon it for a while.

As I think you’ve already found out, most of the online “reviews” and videos are quite unreliable as to predicting what might work best for you, which is why I always suggest a detailed phone conversation with any manufacturer you’re considering and receive their advice (it sounds like you texted with Brooklyn Bedding). Hopefully the comfort choice that you made will meet with your needs.

Good luck!

Phoenix

hows it working out for you?

Hi estcstm3,

brabus never replied with a follow up, but maybe they will see you post and provide an update.

One thing I always caution about is that while other people’s comments about the knowledge and service of a particular business can certainly be very helpful, always keep in mind that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and I would be cautious about using anyone else’s suggestions, experiences or reviews on a specific mattress (either positive or negative) as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you. In many if not most cases this can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people in terms of comfort, firmness, and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your own Personal preferences) may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (even if they are in a similar weight range). In other words, other people’s experiences in general won’t tell you much if anything about the suitability, quality, durability, or “value” of a mattress for any particular person (see post #13 here).

Phoenix

Sorry if it’s posted elsewhere, but what is “Titanflex” and why is it advertised as an “upgrade” to Latex? Do ILD measurements apply to it? Thanks.

Hi Pspa123,

No worries. Actually, Mario from Brooklyn Bedding addressed your question previously here on the forum in post #26 here, along with specifications (densities and ILDs) of the new Best Mattress Ever line. You may also wish to read through the thread in which that post is located.

You can also perform a forum search on TitanFlex (just click on the link) for more information.

TitanFlex is a “hyper-elastic” foam, which is an actual term used to describe products and foam that can put up with larger strains and deformations. The foam is also immediate in its response and is also extremely durable. These newer generations of high-performance polyfoams aren’t meant to necessarily replicate latex, but be more durable versions of previous polyfoams. Some are engineered to provide feels that are somewhat similar to latex, others similar to memory foam, and others simply versions unto themselves. How “bouncy” something feels would not only be based upon the formulation of that foam, but the materials with which it was combined. Whether something feels as “bouncy” as your interpretation of marketing language is of course up to each individual. TitanFlex is quite buoyant, but again it does not feel exactly like latex. It is a very durable material and I’ve seen the aging studies showing a very high tear strength, tensile strength and elongation strength, so it’s a very high-quality material.

Hopefully that information answers your questions.

Phoenix

Hello guys, I’m sorry for such delay, I planned to get back to you earlier with some “results”, but it was very busy days (moving in).

Phoenix is totally right, others experience is not something one should relay on, but it’s still kinda “brick” to help partially build your impression about this or that option.

So, for me that “BestMattressEver” is working fine. For reference: i’m 120 lbs. I got medium level of firmness, and it’s pretty soft, “at the acceptable edge”. Probably I wish it could be a little bit firmer, but this is already too much “subjective” thought. I can say that it still works great: I have some problems with the back and this mattress doesn’t add any inconvenience on that field. But, probably, doesn’t help much too: there is no magic. I have not much experience with other mattresses, so can’t say for sure.
There weren’t any issues with quality, or smell, or something. Everything is decent.

Anyway i’m pretty satisfied with it and have no one reason to try/get something else in visible future. The pillows that are coming with it are great too.

Hi brabus,

Thanks for taking the time to post back again.

I’m happy that the BME is working well for you so far. I wish there was a magic formula or mattress I could recommend that would fix your pre-existing back conditions :frowning: , but unfortunately they haven’t invented that one yet :wink: . As you stated, “there is no magic”, but hopefully you can find something that doesn’t exacerbate your existing issues, and it seems that so far you’re doing OK, so that’s a good thing.

I’ll look forward to your future updates!

Phoenix