Just ordered two 3" layers of latex, now need a suitable encasement

So I’ve got my latex, and the current encasement I am getting is very basic:

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B004BAB248/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just want to make sure that for $35 (getting a “packaging may have wear and tear” one) this will do the job until I find a more premium one. It’s a twin, and the latex itself is $410. I may add one or two layers later (this case could hold it as it fits 9-12 inches).

Thoughts and suggestions folks?

Hi Connor,

[quote]So I’ve got my latex, and the current encasement I am getting is very basic:

smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B004BAB248/r...00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/quote]

The encasement you purchased is designed to protect against dust mites and/or bed bugs but isn’t designed to be used as a mattress cover and it may not fit very well or feel great and could lead to some temperature regulation issues as well (although it will help to protect the latex from oxidation and exposure to substances that could harm it … see here).

The component post here includes some sources for covers that would fit better and may feel better as well once you have decided on the thickness of your final design so you can choose a good tight fitting cover for your layers.

There is also more about mattress protectors in post #89 here and allergy or bed bug encasements in post #2 here.

The two most common types of mattress cover (but certainly not the only options) are a knit cover that is more stretchy or a wool quilted cover and there is more about the pros and cons of each in post #6 here.

Phoenix