Just pressure mapped at Halsteads

My wife and I just got pressure mapped at Halsteads here in Calgary. they use a dunlop core and topper.

My best results were with a 20 ild topper and a 40 ild core. My wife was 20/30. His ranges of cores and toppers were 20, 30, 40 - so not sure if I would have actually been better off with a core in the mid 30s vs. a 40.

I am also not sure about about the dunlop latex. I think I’d rather go with talalay.

I am a little surprised that I mapped best at a 20/40. I only weigh about 150lbs. My wife about the same.

Can one map straight across from dunlop to talalay? i.e. 30 dunlop is same as 30 talalay? I am strongly considering the 22/32 (medium) talalay from Arizona mattresses. Maybe even the 22/36 (firm) given the results of the mapping - with my wife on a 22/32.

The guy was also talking about rotating the mattresses. I thought rotation was not required for latex??

Thoughts?

Hi foghat,

Thaks for sharing your experience at Halsteads. Different body types will usually map out differently because the shape of the body and the weight distribution is different.

In general no … ILD is often not measured in the same way between different materials and there are many other factors and specs of a foam material (such as compression modulus, point elasticity, and layer thickness) that create a perception of softness that are just as important as ILD. You can read more about ILD comparisons in post #6 here.

All materials will soften … just at different rates … so even with latex occasional rotating or even flipping layers can extend their useful life.

Phoenix