Just purchased a SleepEZ 13.000

I have been leaning towards SleepEZ for awhile, and after seeing such positive reviews on The Mattress Underground, I gave SleepEZ a call. Talked to Shaun for about 30 min. He answered every question with good information, no sales pitch. SleepEZ honors the 5% discount, just be sure to mention the discount in the comments section if you online order. About an hour after I submitted the order Robin from SleepEZ called back to confirm the order details (i.e., layers, foundation, address etc.). She was aware of the 5% discount and said it would be sent separately. Something to be aware of. The Mattress set should arrive in 3-5 days.

Thanks to The Mattress Underground I feel confident I made a good choice at a fair price.

Hi Red,

You are the second one today that posted about purchasing the same mattress.

As I mentioned in my other reply … I think very highly of SleepEZ and the quality and value of their mattresses and I think you made a great choice.

I hope you also have the chance to share your comments and feedback when you receive it.

Congratulations on your new mattress :).

Phoenix

Too funny: I called Shawn twice last night and the second time I called I received their answering service as they were on the phone with other customers…that must have been you. Shawn promptly called me back and, I agree, without a sales pitch answered every questioned and even steered me towards the less expense 10000 / 10" option.

That said, I (and I assume others) would be curious as to why you opted for the 13000 / 13" configuration. Shawn told me it only provides additional profile/height to the mattress and another layer for your customization options, however to the latter he said that you really only “feel” the first two layers and a 3" core is plenty so he basically admitted if I went with a S-M-F I should have more than enough options to tailor my mattress. I asked him if I were to get the full S-M-F-XF range (via the 13000 / 13") what that would get me. He said, again, you’re only feeling the top two layers so assuming I have a S (my GF wants full piece S as our top layer) I could only tailor the 2nd layer for comfort feel, adding a F core would be more than enough for me. He said I could try S-F-M from S-M-F but going with a XF under a S would be “extreme, like sleeping on a pillow top on the floor.”

That persuaded me to get the 10000 / 10" with a single Soft top, M-F for me and S-M for my GF which should provide both enough consistency (in my GF’s mind) yet configuration for us both.

If you don’t mind, could you please post your height / weights and respective layers your purchased in the 4-layer model? Was there anything besides mattress profile/height and configuration options that made you opt for the more expensive model?

Thanks!

Idlewild, first congrats on your new mattress.

Shawn did recommend the 10.000 for the same reasons you cited; however, we concluded the higher profile and more versatile configuration were worth the additional cost. I am 6’ and 300 lbs and my wife is 5’2" and 135 lb and Shawn recommended mattress configurations of M/M/F/XF and S/M/F/XF respectively. I asked about the benefits of 100% Natural Talalay and/or Organic latex over Talalay Blended and/or Dunlop. He stated there were few (if any) performance benefits (but that it was a matter of personnel preference) so we went with a Talalay Blended top layer and Dunlop lower 3 layers.

First impressions to be posted in a few days.

Awesome, Red. Thanks.

I do think that with your size difference it warrants the extra configuration. I’m still debating — still haven’t pulled the trigger. What bed are you putting it on? I’m in the market for a nice platform King.

And do let us know how you like it!

I ordered an Eastern King with the wood foundation offered by SleepeEZ.

Just received all the packages and will be setting it up over the next day or two.

What’s the verdict, Red?

Most restful sleep I had in a long time. No more shoulder or back pain. Now I just need a new pillow to compliment it.

Good luck with your selection.

Hi Red,

Thanks for the update … and it’s great to see that things are working out so well for you :slight_smile:

Phoenix

I bought the SleepEZ 10,000 and have had it now for 10 days. I love it and will be posting a most detailed review to benefit others on this site.

As for pillows, SleepEZ included two shredded latex for us and we love them. We’re also looking at picking up some others - likely goose down to compliment a new comforter (either LL Bean or Feather Friends).

Glad to hear you enjoy your new mattress.

Since this is my first king mattress I chose the king sheet set rather than the pillows. They are comfortable and high quality.

I already have quality pillows but plan to get new pillows after I get use to the mattress.

Earlier you posted:
“That said, I (and I assume others) would be curious as to why you opted for the 13000 / 13” configuration. Shawn told me it only provides additional profile/height to the mattress and another layer for your customization options, however to the latter he said that you really only “feel” the first two layers and a 3" core is plenty so he basically admitted if I went with a S-M-F I should have more than enough options to tailor my mattress. I asked him if I were to get the full S-M-F-XF range (via the 13000 / 13") what that would get me. He said, again, you’re only feeling the top two layers so assuming I have a S (my GF wants full piece S as our top layer) I could only tailor the 2nd layer for comfort feel, adding a F core would be more than enough for me. He said I could try S-F-M from S-M-F but going with a XF under a S would be “extreme, like sleeping on a pillow top on the floor.”

If that is the case did Shawn explain when someone would ever want the XF layer? Thanks.
Basil

Not the XF layer specifically, but he did say they purchase the 13" (4-layer) one mainly to make it a higher profile but also for more configuration / interchange options. Since we wanted a low profile, can exchange the layers within the first 90 days, and it cost less, we opted for the 10" (3-layer) one.

RE: the XF firmness, while Shawn didn’t say it, someone who is higher in weight would likely go for this option, typically in an M-F-XF configuration.

HTH

Hi Basil,

Just to confirm what idlewild mentioned … there is more about the pros and cons of a thicker mattress with more layers in post #14 here but it certainly wouldn’t be “necessary” for most people outside of much higher than average weight ranges.

Phoenix