Kids mattress suggestions?

Hi Rachierad,

ILD is measured at 25% compression of a 6" test layer of latex and at this exact percentage of compression would be the same in Talalay as in Dunlop. If you compress Dunlop more than 25% however it gets firmer faster than Talalay so it would be firmer for those who sank into the layer more. At shallower compressions it would be softer. I would also keep in mind that latex doesn’t come in exact ILD’s. talalay has a plus/minus in the range of 2 ILD arcoss the surface (a variation in the range of 4 ILD from the softest to the firmest) while with Dunlop the variation can be larger and it will also be firmer on the bottom of a layer than on the top. You can read more about the ILD variation in Dunlop in post #4 here.

Yes … it is 100% natural Dunlop which is similar in quality to the 100% natural Dunlop sold by many other suppliers or that comes from the same or other Dunlop manufacturers.

Keeping in mind that Dunlop doesn’t come in a single ILD and these would probably be the midpoint of an ILD range … I would tend towards firmer (32) but if for some reason that you believed based on your knowledge or your children that they may prefer softer then I wouldn’t go lower than 28.

In theory it would be possible if that’s what US manufacturer ordered from them but a manufacturer would be able to tell you what they carry and I doubt that a lot of manufacturers would order this vs the regular 100% natural Dunlop.