Kingsdown My Side Series 3

My DH and I went to Sleep America for the labor day sale. The sales man showed us a My Side 3 and kind of convinced us to purchase the mattress because my DH told him we are in dire need of one. Well we put it on hold because I dont want to spend that much money if it isnt quality.

Do you have any opinion on this model or have you heard anything?

Salesman said it had a 10 year warranty, but on every site I’ve read it sounds like Kingsdown is very specific and doesnt like to admit the mattress is defective.

Thank you for your help. Any input is much appreciated!

Hi DreamsComeTru4Me,

the first thing I would suggest is to read this article which can help you avoid most of the lowest quality and value choices when you are mattress shopping (such as most chain stores and major brands including the My Side mattresses).

A mattress is only as good as the materials that are in it and without knowing the specific quality specs of the layers in the MySide 3, there is no way to make meaningful comparisons with other mattresses or to know it’s real value. The odds are overwhelming however that you are paying too much for some low quality/density polyfoam that will be the weak link of the mattress and the first to soften and degrade. I would tend to avoid the My Side and Kingsdown unless you are able to obtain the type of information that will tell you it’s real quality and how durable it may be.

You can see some examples of the type of materials used in the My Side series in post #2 here (for the My Side series 4) and in post #13 here (For the My Side series 6). Their “bed match” system is basically a marketing tool that points to a specific Kingsdown mattress rather than really helps identify the type of mattress you would do best with regardless of brand. That’s a lot of money to pay for that much polyfoam and for dealing with a company that won’t tell you the quality of the materials in their mattress. You could do much better.

Post #10 here includes some steps you can take to help you “find” your best mattress. One of the most important steps is to find the local mattress manufacturers and better sleep shops in your area that have the knowledge and experience along with the quality value and service that can help make better choices before you start looking for mattresses at outlets that don’t give you anything more than marketing stories instead of meaningful information.

If you let me know the city or zip you live in I’d be happy to let you know of any I’m aware of that are within reasonable driving distance.

Phoenix

I live in Phoenix, AZ. my zip is 85053. Thanks for your help

Hi DreamsCoimeTru4Me,

You are very fortunate because you have some of the best sources of quality, service, and value available anywhere in the country including several members of this site (which I believe are among the “best of the best” and is the reason they were invited to become members of this site).

They are listed in post #4 here.

Phoenix