Kingsdown Sleeping Beauty vs Hotel by Aireloom vs Beautyrest Black

Phoenix,

First let me say, now that I’ve read all of the “must read” content on this site, THIS SITE IS AWESOME!
And thank you for the efforts you have made and current make helping out inexperienced mattress consumers such as myself.
I already feel like I know more than the two mattress salespersons I spoke with at Sleepy’s and Macy’s.

Here’s my deal. I have no problem spending a lot for a mattress, but I want a good mattress that is really going to last me 10+ years. I have absolutely paying for quality.

I gravitated towards the mattresses initially mentioned in this post because they are considered “top of the line” by their manufacturers and I figured that would be the best I could do. However after a few hours of educating myself on this site, I am troubled by the fact that you cannot find out all of the specifics of the materials within. Especially in the comfort layer which is the layer that breaks down the fastest and also the one that you hear most people complaining about. And I’ll be honest, when I lied down on the mattresses I’ve mentioned, I felt like I was on a cloud. They felt awesome. But I am glad I discovered this site and did not fall prey to the shortsightedness of immediate and short-term comfort. Perhaps if those mattresses were half the price they would be a good value, but as is, it is scary to think of paying that much for a mattress that will be great from no more than two years (if you are lucky).

I glad things worked out for 2manybeds.

I live in the Boston area and found a list of recommended vendors on this site, but I think it is a list for latex vendors. I am not opposed to a latex bed, as I really like the PranaSleep, but not the price. Especially once I read your reviews on it here. The list I found is this one:

Boston Area Latex Vendors

Is there a larger list which would include innerspring vendors?

Gardner seems to mentioned on here quite a bit and they are not far from where I live so I am considering going to see them. Can you vouch for what they list on their website with respect to their materials/processes?

Garders Processes

I also fired off an email to Spindle Mattress late last night inquiring about the specs for the latex they use. Their mattresses are only 10". Is that small?

I am still working my way through the list of vendors, but any additional suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated in my quest for the best mattress for my needs, goals and budget.

Also wondering if there is anyone that actually pulls apart these supposed luxury mattresses from the big names and exposes the actual cheap materials within.

Thanks again!