L.L. Bean platform bed

Finally decided what latex layers to get :cheer: and now on to ordering a platform bed with slats under 3 " apart. Didn’t really love any of the on the website the owner uses (Maine Beds or something similar) but, after looking on line and calling many stores, I did find the Rangely Bed on L.L. Bean and it meets all the criteria I think. We’re getting the layers from Rhinetek who is on Phoenix’s list and is in Columbia, Maryland. Any comments about the Rangely Bed? It’s fairly inexpensive at $399 for a Queen plus $80 shipping.

This is the 3rd time I’ve written this, but I can’t find it showing up anywhere. So I apologize if it has proliferated. :S

Wheezer.

Hi Wheezer,

I replied in the other thread here where you asked about the LLBean bed.

Just for clarity’s sake … they are not on the membership list here but only on a local list of possibilities as a testing ground for latex mattresses. They are certainly high quality but they are also more costly than other mattresses that are almost identical although I also understand that for some people their personal value equation may make it worthwhile to pay a substantial “premium” in order to buy locally rather than online and if you are comfortable with their prices then all is well.

I just wanted to make sure you realized that if a retailer appears on a forum list that it’s not a recommendation but just a “possibility” or in this a case a good place to test latex mattresses.

Phoenix