Latex bed for infant

Hi Phoenix,

A fellow mattress hunter recommended your site and you in particular, I thought I’d send a short note since my husband and I are buying a mattress for our 6-month old son.

Because he likes to feed in bed, we discovered that we are better off to just buy a FIRM twin bed where I can feed him (sometimes nap with him) and then leave him to sleep (on the floor with rail). We have a Pure Latex Bliss Pamper Queen 8" and LOVE it, so naturally we looked into buying a twin, but found the price a bit too high. I read your other posts about children’s bed, and we are considering Twin Solid Core Latex Mattress Only, Solid Core 7" Latex Foam Mattress, Latex Mattresses-Talalay and Dunlop, All Products, but wonder whether you have any other suggestions (all natural latex e.g.) since we are trying not to have wool in his bed as a precaution.

We did try a Naturepedic twin size “no compromise organic cotton ultra” mattress, and it just killed my back. Too bad since it’s all organic and all!

We live in Seattle area in case you have any local suggestions.

Also, is mattress.net a credible source to buy from?

Your site helps so many people on such an important decision they have to make–thank you!

Orien

Hi orienzk,

Just in case you missed one or more of these … post #2 here has some links to various posts and threads that may be helpful in choosing a mattress for a child. There are some good links to various options for children included in several of them.

Yes, while this would probably be fine for a child … if you are lying down together it needs to work for you as well :slight_smile:

Some of the better choices I’m aware of in the Seattle area are in post #2 here.

Yes … they are one of the manufacturers that was invited to become a member of this site (see the list here) which means that I believe they are among the best quality, service, and value in the country. They also offer a 5% discount to the forum members here.

Thanks for the kind words … and if you have more questions along the way feel free to psst them here :slight_smile:

Phoenix