Latex bed Nature's Cloud Euro Top vs Foamorder

Hi,

I am in the market for a latex mattress. We went to Jamestown Mattress and liked the Nature’s Cloud Plush Latex
6" 100% Natural Medium (ILD 24-26) Latex Core,
3" 100% Natural Super Soft (ILD 14-16) Latex,
with top Quilted in the top panel are two plush layers of 100% Natural Joma™ Wool 100% Organic Cotton Fabric. Total 10" Mattress height and in King size with foundation with price about $3300 plus tax.

We also liked the Nature’s Cloud Euro Top which is
2" 100% Natural Super Soft (ILD 14-16) Latex
3" 100% Natural Soft (ILD 19-21) Latex
6" 100% Natural Medium (ILD 24-26) Latex Core
Quilted in the top panel are two plush layers of 100% Natural Joma™ Wool. This mattress also comes with a zipper off top panel that allows you to easily modify the 5" of latex in the euro top. Total 11" Mattress Height and in King size with foundation about $3700 plus tax.

They use Dunlop Latex and claim that the 3" comfort layer is Talalay Latex. I am unsure of the validity of this statement. Does anyone know if this is true.

I looked at Foamorder.com this evening and am confused by their order page. I tried to duplicate either of these 100% Organic Nature’s Cloud beds and am unable to. They have five firmness levels Soft (17-25 ILD), Medium (26-30 ILD), Firm (31-35 ILD), Extra Firm (36-42 ILD), and Hard (43-48 ILD) but no super soft layer 15 ILD. I looked at the Organic Natural Sense Mattresses 100% Certified Organic Mattress | FoamOrder as I assume these would be the equivalent 100% organic mattress. What custom layering would be similar to the Nature’s Cloud Euro Top or Plush Top? Also would 3" N25 Natural Sense®
3" N25 Natural Sense®
3" N28 Natural Sense®
3" N28 Natural Sense®
Royal Soft be worth it at $2934 no tax? What additions i.e. padding, sheets etc would you recommend? This price is still less than Jamestown Mattress’ top of the line Nature’s Cloud Euro Top.

I am going to skip the organic foundation hence saving $400 from the $3300 and $3700 (plush, euro top respectively) Jamestown Mattress price. I will use a non-organic solid wood slat foundation using two extra long twins.

Thanks. This website has helped me in buying my first bed. I originally was buying memory foam but now going with latex.

Hi Bedman123,

They would be the most reliable source of information about their mattresses and anyone else’s information would be coming from them as well (unless of course they opened up the mattress and were able to tell the difference between Talalay and Dunlop or were somehow able to measure the ILD). With these types of questions you are really dependent on the knowledge and integrity of the manufacturer (and in the case of Jamestown they are a long term manufacturer with great integrity that I think highly of).

The only way to duplicate another mattress is to use the exact same materials in the same layer thicknesses and with the same cover (see post #9 here). While all latex is a good quality material relative to other types of foam … each type has it’s own pros and cons and each latex supplier or manufacturer may have a different firmness range or different options or layer thicknesses available. In these cases you would need to “translate” the information from one mattress to another design which would require some guesswork and best judgement on the part of the manufacturer you are purchasing from and the options they provide for exchange or a return (if you are purchasing a mattress that you haven’t tested especially) would play a role in the “risk” of your purchase if your choice doesn’t turn out to be the same as you hoped. This is all part of each person’s personal value equation.

This would depend on whether the latex was GOLS certified. There is a difference in cost between organic latex and 100% natural latex. Organic latex would have an organic certification and an organic cover would also have a certification either for the cover itself or for the materials inside it (in which case it would be a cover which “included” organic materials). You can read more about certified organic latex in post #6 here.

If you are comparing mattresses then it’s also important to make sure you are comparing “mattress only” to “mattress only” so you are making more apples to apples comparisons because there are also differences between the cost and quality of foundations that are included in a “set”.

There are too many variables, unknowns, and preferences to make specific recommendations for someone for either a mattress or bedding based on “theory at a distance” so my goal is to provide people with the information that can help them with “how” to choose not “what” to choose and to help them make meaningful comparisons and help identify any weak links in a mattress’ materials or construction. None of the mattresses you are mentioning have any obvious “weak links” or low quality materials in their construction so from that perspective they would all be good quality durable choices but the Foamorder mattress is a different mattress from the Nature’s Cloud Euro with less latex and other differences in its construction and materials which means it would be different in terms of PPP.

Only you can decide if the risk of buying a mattress you haven’t tried is “worth it” based on your risk tolerance and the criteria of your own personal value equation that are most important to you and your confidence that a mattress you purchase is a good match for your specific needs and preferences (which in the case of a mattress that you haven’t tested would be based on more detailed conversations with a manufacturer or retailer on the phone). Both are high quality mattresses and you would be making a final choice between good and good.

Phoenix