Latex Durability: Dunlop vs. Talalay

Quote from post 2-the link is no longer containing that info. Where can I find the information? I’m interested in the substances that break down latex.

Cut/past of excerpt: “This is an ongoing discussion all over the web which has been going on for many years … much of it based more on what people like rather than on fact. The actual durability of any latex will also depend a great deal more on how it is used and how it is protected as it will break down with exposure to ozone and ultraviolet and certain solvents and some of the other substances that are listed here .”

Catia:

I believe you’re looking for a Chemical Compatibility Chart that Primeline Industries previously had posted for Natural Rubber Latex Tubing. I attached a copy.

Thanks, Mattress-To-Go for providing the chart for Catia! As always much appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi Catia,

The antiquated link from Post #2 in this thread is now replaced by the pdf of Primeline Industries’ Chemical Compatibility chart published a while back.
As noted in the above post, latex is one of the most durable types of foam materials available. Of course, density/ILD plays a role but under normal circumstances, the term ‘breakdown’ refers to the natural entropic wear and tear that come with years or decades of use. As the chart shows, exposure to radiation, environmental changes and ozone levels, certain caustic chemicals, solvents, or extreme temperatures will hasten the degradation of latex rubber.

Phoenix