Latex Feedback from Stomach Sleepers

Hello,

First post here, great forum for info!

I have done alot of reading here and I think I have selected what I want in regards to a latex mattress.

Could some latex owners who are stomach sleepers chime in and advise their experiences with latex mattresses and what firmness levels they have?

Thanks.

When I slept on my stomach I used both the Pamper and Nature from Pure Latex Bliss. The Pamper is a bit firmer than the Nature and the Pamper was a better fit for me.

Sleeping on your stomach requires something that doesn’t allow too much deformation or the hips and lumbar region to sink in too deeply, accentuating the lordotic curvature of the low back. That should be your bigger concern, and not so much what has worked well for me or others on the forum. But I would imagine the feedback you’ll be receiving will lean toward a “firmer” surface, as that would dovetail with sleep ergonomic research.

Hi Hockeylover86,

“Ditto” to what Jeff suggested :slight_smile:

I would also keep in mind that while other people’s comments about the knowledge and service of a particular business can certainly be very helpful … I would be very cautious about about using other people’s experiences or reviews on a mattress (either positive or negative) as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you and in many if not most cases they can be more misleading than helpful because any mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (see post #13 here).

The first “rule” of mattress shopping is to remember that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved that are unique to each person to use a formula or for anyone to be able to predict or make a specific suggestion or recommendation about which mattress or combination of materials and components or which type of mattress would be the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” or PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your Personal preferences) or how a mattress will “feel” to you or compare to another mattress based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or “theory at a distance” that can possibly be more accurate than your own careful testing (hopefully using the testing guidelines in step 4 of the tutorial) or your own personal sleeping experience (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

Phoenix