Latex for Less

I know I’m not Phoenix, but there is an old thread about some locations in the NYC area (I don’t think Phoenix updates those any longer). I copied it here for you:

After first confirming that any retailer or manufacturer on the list that you wish to visit is completely transparent (see this article ) and to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets your specific criteria and the quality/value guidelines here … the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the New York City region are listed in post #2 here .

The good news is that there are a lot of different retailers in that are and if you want to try latex you should be able to find a few and sample it.

There is also a common post about general things to look for with people of a higher BMI, which I also copied here for you (apologize if you’ve already seen it):

A high BMI presents special challenges and generally requires firmer materials (in the support layers especially). This could be firmer latex or innersprings (the type of support component would be a personal preference and in the right design either could be suitable) or even a zoned construction. The same overall guidelines apply with higher weights though that PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) along with using high quality durable materials that will maintain their feel and performance for longer periods of time are the way to make the best choices. Heavier people in general will need firmer and thicker comfort layers and firmer support layers than those who are lighter and because no materials will last as long with much higher weights the quality and durability of the materials and components is even more important than normal. I wouldn’t “rule out” any types of mattress and base your choices on your own personal testing. Post #3 here has more information and suggestions about higher BMIs that is worth reading.

Hopefully this helps you out a bit and you can objectively analyze anything you’re considering using this information.

Also, here is an old post I found about Norfolk:

If you are looking for something in the Norfolk area, some of the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Norfolk/Hampton/Newport News area are listed in post #2 here .

You can just use the search feature of the forum to find this information if you’re looking to see if specific towns have been discussed previously. You might be surprised how many different areas are mentioned!