Latex in Little Rock

Hi ZhivagosGirl,

Thanks for the report … and I agree it really is amazing how quickly time goes by :slight_smile:

I guess this would depend on what you mean by"fluffiness". If you are just looking for surface feel and “fluffy, puffy, softness” … then a featherbed or fiberbed (either down or down replacement) may do the trick.

If you need a just little extra pressure relief without sacrificing support … then a fairly thin memory foam, ultra plush latex, shredded latex or even wool topper may work well.

It sounds to me that you have hit the sweet spot in terms of pressure relief and alignment so I wouldn’t play with success too much (a mattress is meant to be "forgotten"rather than “noticed”) but some fine tuning with some softer materials would probably be what you need for “feel”.

If you do a title search on topper there will be quite a few threads come up that you can “scan” with many good options worth considering.

Phoenix

Yes - I would say surface feel, puffy softness. I suppose it’s the difference between firm/utilitarian “doing it’s job” and cozy “nesting” in the bed. I don’t necessarily want to be swallowed up by it, but a little sinking in would be nice.

I’ll do a search for toppers.

Thanks.

Hi ZhivagosGirl,

You can just click on the search link I added in the last post. If you just do a “regular” search instead of a “title search” you will get way to many hits. This way you will have many hits as well but you can just scan the content without having to click on each link that it brings up.

Each person would be different in their preferences of course when it comes to “feel” but if I was in your shoes … and depending on budget … I would probably go with a fiberbed (down alternative) which are widely available, fairly low cost, and good value (you can do a google search for down alternative topper) or with a “shredded” latex topper such as the Seven Comforts (less poofy and firmer than a fiberbed) (Edit: see post #52 here first if you are considering ordering this topper) or the Lanoodles (I havent tried this but it is similar but likely softer but more expensive than the seven comforts) or with a wool fleece topper such as the snugfleece mentioned in post #3 here (along with other types of wool toppers).

Post #10 here also has some good information and resources for “fine tuning” your mattress with different types of mattress protectors, mattress pads, and toppers.

Phoenix

Awesome - thanks.

I also meant to mention that my husband has actually been able to sleep on his side for intermittent periods of time, that is huge. He wears a CPAP and most of the time struggles with positioning his mask and hose so for him not to be tethered literally to just sleeping on his back and get comfortable is great.

Hi ZhivagosGirl,

That’s great news!

Maybe you can convince him that now that he’s spending more time on his side that a new pillow might help him even more :slight_smile:

Phoenix